URL Scheme for TomTom Go Mobile iOS — TomTom Community

URL Scheme for TomTom Go Mobile iOS

ajhardajhard Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
It appears that the URL scheme support from the old TomTom iOS app is missing in the new Go Mobile app.
This is a massive feature - I have all of my key destinations stored in URLs that can be run from Launch Center Pro - please bring back ULR support for launching the app and kicking off routing ASAP...

Thanks

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi ajhard,

Welcome to the forum and sorry for my late reply!

Thanks for your feedback! I'll log it to be reported to the product team.

As this was the first release of the GO Mobile app for iOS more features will become available in future updates. I'll be announcing them all here so stay tuned :D

Cheers, Mikko
  • DiegDieg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any updates on this? Is there a due date for this update?
  • MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi Dieg,

v1.1 was released a few weeks ago already. For more information about features the team is currently working on, please see here.

Cheers, Mikko
  • DiegDieg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Mikko,

A few months later....

I don't see any progress on this...do you plan to add url scheme to new app? (it's quite simple development..)

Diego
  • AnyMulesAnyMules Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I'll add my vote for this feature request / feature migration from the old version.

It's a really handy feature with the old TomTom app, and one that I still use all the time as they new App just doesn't do it.

Surely it's a simple thing to port to the new version with a "tomtomgo:" URL rather than the old "tomtomhome:" - having the different URL would let those of us that prefer one app or the other due to other reasons can choose which one of the two to launch.
  • 27oakley27oakley Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's high time there was a URL scheme for the (ever improving) TomTom Go app
  • Etis84Etis84 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What are you waiting for?

1 year to implement an essential function that requires a few hours of development...

It's a bad joke!
  • martin_schilligermartin_schilliger Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any updates on this?
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    iOS GO Mobile was released 18 months ago. At that point a lot of people told TomTOm (through this forum) what problems there were and what features were wanted and of course URL scheme support was requested.

Based on the lack of development of iOS GO Mobile I would suggest that URL scheme support is unimportant to TomTom and it's extremely unlikely that this feature (or any others) will ever be seen on iOS GO Mobile.

Regards,
  • RonnorrrRonnorrr Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yeah, pretty lame they still haven't implemented this. Tomtom overall seems to disappoint on a regular basis. :-/
  • stealthcatstealthcat Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So...we were forced to switch to the crappy Go mobile App. It´s 2 years(!!!) now since the problem was reported. I´m gonna delete the sh... APP now and install the old one. It´s a shame!
  • akatsoulisakatsoulis Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Are any plans to bring back the ability to call the app from another app like you did in previous versions on iOS? I use the iCarMode in my iPhone the the go app can’t be loaded.
  • ajhardajhard Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    What's the latest on this - lack of URL Schemes is a massive shortcoming, especially after Apple has integrated Shortcuts into the OS - being able to create shortcuts to specific destinations would be a big feature.

Please get on with it, and provide a timeline.
  • bbembeddedbbembedded Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    +1

I too would like to integrate TomTom with our App. Please add x-callback URL schemes for:
    • Launching TomTom without interrupting on going Navigation
    • Open Waypoint
    • Navigate to Waypoint/Address
    http://x-callback-url.com/
  • DrMickeyLauerDrMickeyLauer Posts: 4 [New Traveler]
    Let me toss in another vote for integrating a custom URL scheme ASAP.

I'm developing a street service app for a major logistics solution provider here in Germany and some of our customers are using TomTom on their trucks and want a seamless handover from our dispatching and order scheduling software to their navigation solution.

Come on, this is easy. Just do it!

Thanks.
  • PentabytePentabyte Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    yes, JUST DO IT! :)
    Dear TomTom,

GO Mobile iOS is being currently worked on to make it compatible with Apple Carplay. Whilst you're doing this work would you please add the necessary lines of code to give us a working URL Scheme?

May I suggest being able to use the following URL Scheme:

com.tomtom.Go://geo:action=navigateto&lat=48.86870&long=2.78181&name=Disneyland%20Paris

Thanks
  • EdwinnaarEdwinnaar Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many other apps can take advantage of the URI-scheme. Right now apps are limited to the apps that do support URI-schemes, thus diverting them from TomTom.
  • PentabytePentabyte Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    TomTom Go is a wonderful app. Not offering such an interoperability feature like URL schemes for such a long time made me loose my trust in TomTom and sell my shares.
    Pentabyte wrote: »
    Not offering such an interoperability feature like URL schemes for such a long time made me lose my trust in TomTom and sell my shares.
    Don't sell your shares! As a TomTom shareholder, you can voice your concern about the direction that TomTom is taking at the next AGM. Unfortunately, the AGM was held yesterday, i.e. Wednesday, 17 April 2019. However, there is always next year!

https://corporate.tomtom.com/investors/shareholder-information/shareholder-meetings
  • DrMickeyLauerDrMickeyLauer Posts: 4 [New Traveler]
    Ok, so 2.0 is out… is an URL Scheme builtin or still not?
    Ok, so 2.0 is out… is an URL Scheme builtin or still not?
    Not that they've said ... so probably not! :'(
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online27

AZerbster
AZerbster
Bouinini
Bouinini
CEEaton
CEEaton
DougLap
DougLap
dtickle