GO Mobile App just say "Loading app" - Page 2 — TomTom Community

GO Mobile App just say "Loading app"

2»

Comments

• raesewellraesewell Posts: 132 [Supreme Navigator]
    I solved this problem by removing the SD card and installing the app on the phone memory and then put the SD card back in after installation and all is working now.
    I suspect the app didn't like the formatting on the SD card.
  • adave27adave27 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    raesewell wrote:
    I solved this problem by removing the SD card and installing the app on the phone memory and then put the SD card back in after installation and all is working now.
    I suspect the app didn't like the formatting on the SD card.

That worked for me!
  • mysiakmysiak Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Recently updated my phone (Xiaomi Mi A1) to Oreo 8.1. Tomtom traffic stopped working, so I logged out from my Tomtom account. I could not login back (app loaded fine and subscription remained active though). So I uninstalled the app and installed again. Now it doesn't start at all (can't connect to Tomtom). Tried all mentioned "workarounds", but to no avail. Was happy user for 2 years, now I'm forced to move elsewhere with 1 year of subscription remaining.. :\
  • raesewellraesewell Posts: 132 [Supreme Navigator]
    There is another thread running with this problem, don't confuse the two they are different problems.
  • smegalsmegal Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    CaptainB wrote:
    This worked for me. Uninstall TomTom Go by forcing it to stop, then clearing the cache and then uninstall. Power down phone and remove SD Card. Reinstall TomTom Go and start the app. It should load OK. Install maps etc. Power down phone and reinsert SD Card. Restart phone and TomTom Go should continue to work OK.

This worked for me.

I put my SD card in my PC and was prompted to scan and repair, so I did this as a precaution too.
  • Paul MickPaul Mick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I had the same problem where the app would hang on ‘loading app’ after a re-install – tried several re-installs with the same problem each time.

What solved it for me was to sign out of the google play account, re-boot the phone and sign back in again. Since there is no way on my phone (or google play) to actually sign out I had to remove the account from my phone and then add it again after.

TomTom Go Mobile Version: 1.17.5
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android Version: 8.0.0

Wasted a couple of hours on this irritating issue - the reason I wanted to re-install the app is because voice guidance stopped working…I still have to test the app to see if a re-install has fixed that issue!
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,126 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Paul Mick wrote:
    Since there is no way on my phone (or google play) to actually sign out I had to remove the account from my phone and then add it again after.
    You could add another Google account to you phone, if necessary by creating a new GMail account, then you would be able to sign Play Store into that account as a means of logging out of your real account.
  • Paul MickPaul Mick Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks tgold, I have an account set up for Google calendar so the we can share events as a family or know what we’re all up to at any time – I guess I could have switched over to that. Maybe I’m simple or traditional (or old!) but I’d prefer to see an option to actually sign out.

Anyhow it was no real hardship to remove and re-add the Google account to the phone. What was a real PITA was the couple of hours trawling online looking for a solution as to why TomTom Go was hanging every time after re-install – none of the suggestions above were working for me so I thought I’d add my experience of the solution I found elsewhere.

Maybe it’s a Google issue rather than a TomTom issue.
  • jedpausejedpause Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tried the clear cache, uninstall routines shown above no joy.

Then removed MicroSD card, uninstalled app, restarted, re-installed and voila! Prompted to reset TomTom Go, logged in and downloaded maps again..

I think the issue is that the Card has a code embedded in the offline maps that is matched with your ID and phone hardware (I had upgraded from Note 8 to Note 9), so the offline maps in my case were not matched to the hardware....

Now it works flawlessly ! 8GB of Europe maps downloaded and all good :)
  • feriberferiber Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    I've got this issue several times a year.

I do not use GO very often, and sometimes when i try to start it, it keeps loading without finsihing. I must clear all data and redownload all the map (and also reconfigure Go icons setups and settings, wich is very discusting.

I think it can be related to updated maps not upgraded on time.
  • feriberferiber Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    edited March 2019
    feriber wrote: »
    I've got this issue several times a year.

I do not use GO very often, and sometimes when i try to start it, it keeps loading without finsihing. I must clear all data and redownload all the map (and also reconfigure Go icons setups and settings, wich is very discusting.

I think it can be related to updated maps not upgraded on time.

Certainly, yesterday i uninstalled Go and installed again. Downloaded map again and endeed, it was a new version.
  • mortisha2001mortisha2001 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    UGH, this has been going on for me since that last big android update... the app just will not load. I have tried every method listed here as well as contacted chat twice and 4 times now tried the "fix" they say will work. It isn't.
    Support said that they would get back to me as well after the first chat and they didn't.

I even tried installing after removing my SD card. which was a long shot as the app had previously been working fine with the SD card before the last android update.. Stupid me, I've already paid for an annual subscription too. Last suggestion from chat was to call them, but i'm really busy and i know the call will last as long as the chats did if not longer. I needed the app to work today, I've used it daily for work. Guess the app is useless until I call them. - great
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,606 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @mortisha2001

Sorry to hear about this! I see that you already reinstalled the app with removing the navapp folder. Are you using the Samsung device?

If yes, can you please try the below steps on your phone and see if this helps?
    • Disable the auto backup/sync of account on your phone
    • In Device Maintenance (software from Samsung)> Choose battery > look at the Savings settings> You should enable network use in the background.
    • Once this is done, close all the apps and reboot the smartphone to test the GO Mobile app again.

Thanks, lampard
  • gobuddygobuddy Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited July 2019

Installing TomTom with my SD card removed sorted the "loading app" problem for me too. There wasn't much space on my phone memory and I got a message when I first ran the app saying there was insufficient space for the map. I then put the card in, ran it again and it installed the map on the SD card. It's now working.

Worth noting that the uninstall had successfully removed Android / data / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp and Android / OBB / com.tomtom.gplay.navapp so that wasn't the problem: It seems TomTom's installer just doesn't always play nice with SD cards present although they're OK once it is runing.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0