Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 73 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• fangfufufangfufu Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard, I have been having sync issue. Please could you roll back my firmware please? My serial number is HRxxxxIxxxxx.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • djacks42djacks42 Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @089457wei If you now perform the factory reset on the watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered in Sports Connect to download.

@djacks42 Sorry to hear that, I've sent a heads-up to the customer support about this.
    Happy to report everything is working now on .64. Noticebly fast syncing and the Mpow headphones work too. I followed the normal steps, but I think it also helped to unpair my phone with my car and a speaker. I.e make sure its only watch and phone involved.
  • Lorraine MongelliLorraine Mongelli Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard My tomtom runner 3 don´t sync with my IOS. Can you help me? My serial number is HRxxxxIxxxxx, my version is 1.7.64.

Thanks you!!

• DoepieDoepie Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard can you please do a rollback on my firmware as i am unable to to sync with my Huawei P8 lite.

This is really frustrating.
  • StewPooleStewPoole Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    StewPoole wrote:
    Hi, is it possible to be offered a rollback please?

I upgraded to the very latest firmware but i can no longer sync with my iphone. I've tried resetting the watch but it doesn't help. When i go to connect, the pin flashes up for a split second and then the watch reverts back to the previous menu before i can do anything.
    Mine seems OK now, getting the iPhone to forget the watch sorted it out.
  • tiwariramctiwariramc Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    tiwariramc wrote:
    Thanks Lampard, I have reset the watch and rolled back to 1.3.255

Shall get back in case of any further issues.

Thanks again.

Lampard, to give you a feedback after the rollback to 1.3.255

There is no change in battery life. After a full charge, with all sensors off, in normal usage, the battery barely lasts 36-48 hours.

After a full charge and commencing the activity immediately afterwards, it lasts (with GPS and HR) about 4.5 hours.

Added problem is that it is just refusing to sync with the phone - it keeps indicating the need for software update.

Any heads-up on the issue, will be grateful

Thanks
  • PhysisPhysis Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    thanks lampard, unfortunately it didn't help at all, maybe it's even worse now (a week after roll back). I think the battery is just broken, now it lasts only about 36 hours in normal use (HR measuring turned off), 30 minutes during activity with GPS + HR. my watch is still under warranty, so I'll try to have them repaired/changed, or get a refund...
  • Rman73Rman73 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same issues with my battery. It barely makes it through a 2 hr run. I'd like my firmware rolled back please.
  • Attila_tothAttila_toth Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard My tomtom runner 2's battery life has been shortened after sw upgrade to 1.7.64. I have been advised to come here and ask for roll back to 1.3.255, as a possible solution. My serial number is HOxxxxGxxxxxx.
    Thanks for your help.

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,202 TomTom Moderator
    @Attila_toth @Rman73 @sakins I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software. Once you update it with version 1.3.255, give it a test run to see if it improves the battery life of your device.

@Physis @tiwariramc Please report this to our customer support. They'll be able to assist you further in this case and rectify if it's a hardware fault.

@Doepie We've an issue with Huawei P8/P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches with no workaround for this and you need to use the PC/laptop to sync the activities for a time being. Some of the Huawei P8 Lite users reported that with latest software update (PRA-LX1C432B198), they managed to sort the pairing issue with the watch. Can you please check if this resolves the issue for you?

@Lorraine Mongelli @fangfufu If you're facing issues with pairing the watch with their smartphone, Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Cheers, lampard
  • NostromoNostromo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    so one has to send the serial-number to user lampard in order to downgrade to the battery-friendly version 1.3.255? if so, i'd like to PM you my serial number too, lampard.
  • PepperDustPepperDust Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, since my watches updated from 1.7.62 to 1.7.64, my battery drain and charging got messed up for one of the two watches.
    The battery only lasts 1 day, with BT turned OFF and only the HR tracking ON. It used to last at least a week before the upgrade.
    Also using the watch in any GPS sport modes, makes it last only 1-2 hours.
    This while my other good watch on the same version, can reach up to 6 hours or more.

When I charge the watch through USB on the PC, the Connect app says it is fully charged, already after 2 minutes or so. While I let the watch run completely empty before.

I have tried 2 factory resets and various settings, turning them on/off.
    They make no difference.

Could my FW version get reverted to 1.7.62? For my Music + HR Spark watch.
  • abrilnovoaabrilnovoa Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the 1.7.64 version of the software and I have not been able to sync or pair my phone since I downloaded this version.

As recommended elsewhere, I have already forgotten the device, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app and reset the watch to factory settings. As in many cases, the phone begins to pair, then the watch face changes over to the code and it disappears again.

Could you please revert the software to an earlier version?

Thank you.
  • Andreia_CAndreia_C Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    abrilnovoa wrote:
    I have the 1.7.64 version of the software and I have not been able to sync or pair my phone since I downloaded this version.

As recommended elsewhere, I have already forgotten the device, uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app and reset the watch to factory settings. As in many cases, the phone begins to pair, then the watch face changes over to the code and it disappears again.

Could you please revert the software to an earlier version?

Thank you

Hi there,
    I have exactly the same problem and have followed the same steps. Can someone just reverse the software version? This is quite frustrating.

Thank you
  • moff13moff13 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi I just bought a Spark Music watch and from the start I am having crazy battery issues. Could I please try an earlier firmware version than 1.7.64?

The battery appears to take forever to charge and does not correspond with that of the sports connect app? When it says its charged I unplug and go into about watch stats and the battery has already drained slightly. i plug it back in and it goes away charging again for hours?

I have factory reset several times to no avail.

I really don't want to send this watch back.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    @abrilnovoa @Andreia_C

Could you try the troubleshooting steps for the pairing issue on this FAQ's:

iOS and Android

@PepperDust , @moff13 could you fist try a factory reset on the watch which in many cases solves the battery drain issue.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • moff13moff13 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    VikramK wrote:
    @abrilnovoa @Andreia_C

iOS and Android
    @PepperDust , @moff13 could you fist try a factory reset on the watch which in many cases solves the battery drain issue.

Regards
    Thanks Vikram

But as I stated "I have factory reset several times to no avail."

Mike
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    @moff13

I have rolled back the software update, so please connect your watch to Sports Connect and it should be available for download.

Regards
    Vikram
  • Derek SchottDerek Schott Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    VikramK wrote:
    @abrilnovoa @Andreia_C

iOS and Android

Regards
    This obviously is a tremendously huge problem with the Spark 3 1.7.64 upgrade. Is there someone addressing this at TomTom or not? I went from 4-5 days per charge to 5-10 minutes per charge overnight with this horrible update. From the sounds of it, no one is pushing out a fix and people are being told to resort to resetting and rolling back.

It is really sad when you have a good product and some software engineer completely screws it up. If this can't be fixed within the week I am done with anything TomTom makes.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    VikramK wrote:
    @abrilnovoa @Andreia_C

iOS and Android@PepperDust , @moff13 could you fist try a factory reset on the watch which in many cases solves the battery drain issue.

Regards
    This obviously is a tremendously huge problem with the Spark 3 1.7.64 upgrade. Is there someone addressing this at TomTom or not? I went from 4-5 days per charge to 5-10 minutes per charge overnight with this horrible update. From the sounds of it, no one is pushing out a fix and people are being told to resort to resetting and rolling back.

It is really sad when you have a good product and some software engineer completely screws it up. If this can't be fixed within the week I am done with anything TomTom makes.
    It will not be fixed in a week, considering that the last one took six months and they have since left the industry and laid off the entire sports staff. It takes several weeks of beta testing for any updates anyway. Since TT has left the industry and is no longer selling devices (they are just blowing through existing inventory) there is really nothing for you to buy anyway. Time to move on to Garmin or another brand.
  • WalshieladWalshielad Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Hi,

I'm having severe battery issues after the latest update. Unable to complete 4km runs from full battery.

Please can you arrange for me to rollback onto an update that works better for the battery?

Also, I feel a bit cheated to discover that TomTom is leaving the sports watch market.

It cost me a lot of money to buy in Jan 2016, I've shelled out for two pairs of TomTom earphones (one broke) and several watch straps (after breaking) . All in all i've spent a lot of money. Money that I wouldn't have spent with TomTom if I'd known you'd be leaving the market. Seems to me that you should be offering customers some sort of refund for duff watches?

Can you advise if there will be on going support for these watches?

Or is it time to cut loses and move to another brand?

Thanks,

Kev
  • thomasbaertenthomasbaerten Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello, I requested a rollback to 1.3.255 due to issues with syncing and gps, but when I connect it to my computer I see no option for this?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,793 Superusers
    Walshielad wrote:

Or is it time to cut loses and move to another brand?
    You answered your own question, I am afraid. Companies leave markets all the time, they do not owe consumers anything when they do so. they provided a product that you got use of and will continue to get after they left. The watch still works, MySports is still up and running, they are still providing Support (and bug fixes theoretically) so you are no worse off than you were before they left the industry. You can continue to use the watch you have as long as it works (the rollback will fix the battery issue) but at some point you should consider switching to a brand that is active in the market and actively developing and promoting their products.
  • Dh7450Dh7450 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Spark Music and I am on software version 1.7.64 and I am having the same battery problem, I suspect since the last update. On full charge I can nurse the watch through a 45 minute run but if I attempt to use the headphone on the tracked run after less than 10 minutes the watch shuts itself down and turns the headphones off. no warning just does it.
    I also notice that when I unplug my phone from charging immediately it displays that about a quarter of the battery is used up.

I have turned alerts, auto sync etc off and factory reset as per the forum but to no avail.

will a roll back sort this ? is a future update due to sort this or does the watch have to go back to the shop for a refund as still under warranty and clearly not currently working to the specification that was bought!
  • NostromoNostromo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Nostromo wrote:
    so one has to send the serial-number to user lampard in order to downgrade to the battery-friendly version 1.3.255? if so, i'd like to PM you my serial number too, lampard.

It seems like "lampard" is not active anymore. so who to send my serial number?

It would be nice to have this automated in some way, instead of having to contact members of the forum to have it reset.