Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 71 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• kamphuisalexkamphuisalex Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also had trouble syncing and tried to re-pair. Now i can't pair, with iphone (6s) or with android (xperia z5 compact)

the bleutooth pin code shows up on the watch very briefly and then the watch returns to homescreen.

on some occassions the phone offers the 'enter pin' screen to pair. if i record the phones display with a camera so that i can read the pin code, and enter this into phone, pairing still fails.

it seems to be an issue with the watch.

i can't remember exactly when the problems appeared, but i think after update 1.7.64

will a rollback help?

btw: spark 2
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,645 TomTom Moderator
    @fitzpats @Kriexi I can see that you have the old software version 1.7.62 installed on your watch. You can connect your watch to the computer and update it via Sports Connect to the latest software 1.7.64. Before pairing after update, please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

@kamphuisalex @Pacmanclyde I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
  • kamphuisalexkamphuisalex Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @fitzpats @Kriexi I can see that you have the old software version 1.7.62 installed on your watch. You can connect your watch to the computer and update it via Sports Connect to the latest software 1.7.64. Before pairing after update, please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

@kamphuisalex @Pacmanclyde I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard thank you, forgetting on IOS and then restarting IOS device worked.

I haven't tried for android, since I'm with IOS paired for now.

thank you for you swift reply and for pointing out the solution :) I'll be out running tonight!
  • ydaveydave Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @fakamminga I've already sent you a PM about this.

@GreenGrassIRL This is an ongoing issue with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches. Currently, there is no workaround for this and you need to use the PC/laptop to sync the activities for a time being. Rolling back to the old firmware version will not help in this case.

@ydave I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Cojay725 @sarawd @Lynn06 I would advise you guys to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: iOS

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard
    Thank you for the response but still no luck. I tried the factory reset but its still on the latest software version. I have sent you the serial number via PM too in case it helps. What can be done make the watch usable?

Thanks,

Yash
    Hi Yash,

I've mad some changes on your account. Can you please make a factory reset again? The 1.3.255 version will be offered via Sports Connect software which should resolve the battery issue you're facing.

Cheers, lampard
  • WewottiWewotti Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,

I would like the 1.3.255 for my TomTom Runner 2 cause the battery is draining fast.

Thx

BR,
    Anders
  • Wayne911Wayne911 Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Despite the roll back to 1.3.255 my battery on my SPark 3 lasts around a day (with no connection to a phone). Its only 18 months old and Customer Support have not responded to my ticket. Is there anymore I can do to get a fix or a replacement?
  • ydaveydave Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    @lampard
    Great! Thanks, I managed to get it onto 1.3.255. Appreciate the help!

Yash
    @Wewotti I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Wayne911 I can see that the customer support replied you back on the incident you created. Please revert them back to get the follow up.

Cheers, lampard
  • GSaundersGSaunders Posts: 7 [Legendary Explorer]
    Previously, my Runner 2 was rolled back and then it quit allowing me to upload because it required me to install the update. I could request a rollback again but I expect the same thing to happen again. I have found the only way to avoid the battery problem is to turn off the heart rate monitor....kinda defeats the purpose of the watch. In addition, the watch will no longer sync via the cable to my computer. I can get it to sync via the phone app and Bluetooth, but the data I like to capture is no longer downloaded to my computer directly. I'm just too frustrated to go through another factory reset to see if it clears it up. In addition, I have already had to soft reset my watch five times today by attaching it to the cable. It is not reliably "on" to gather data for its various assessments.

Since this seems to be a problem with no resolution either from the past or in the foreseeable future, effective midnight, my TomTom will go out of service. You had a good product for a while, but as I begin my training once again, I want a watch that exhibits much more reliability. It was an interesting two years and much of it a good experience. But beginning at midnight, my tracking watch of choice will be a Garmin.

Good luck to the rest of you.
  • fakammingafakamminga Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    @lampard Many thanks for the roll back: all seems fine

Hopefully there will be an update resolving the battery issue since some of the upgrades are nice to have!
  • Cojay725Cojay725 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard thank you for the reply. Actually followed what was suggested. But the problem is the watch itself. Could i request a version rollback? Thanks
  • Cojay725Cojay725 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @lampard boss got it to pair. No need for the rollback. I deleted the tomtom watch from the bluetooth list. Restart my and soft reset the watch. Then paired. Thanks for the help. Followed the FAQS.
  • eldorado1984eldorado1984 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Hi
    how can i roll back to previous version of my spark 3, since new version my battery keeps only 2 days between charging without activity. Its not normal - before that it even tak 12 days between charging.
    Never maind. I'll try something else :)
  • thomasbaertenthomasbaerten Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have troubles conneting to bluetooth and finding gps... can I also go back to 1.3.255?
    Thank you!
  • 2Karl2Karl Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My Spark 3 music cardio is suffering from the dreaded "random low battery even though it's fully charged" issue. Is there a fix for this other than rolling back the firmware? If not, can you roll back my firmware to a version which doesn't exhibit this bug? The watch is nigh on useless if I can't depend on it.
  • Jayney5648Jayney5648 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello

My watch isn't syncing to my iphone. I am running the 1.7.64 and I've tried all the disconnecting etc. can my watch be "rolled back" too please.

A bit disappointed this has happened again, especally as its only 4 months and one update since this last happened to me!
  • Sidhartha AnireddySidhartha Anireddy Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Dear Jürgen,

My watch is switching off and shows that the batter has run out. When I charge it for one min and check the battery status it is almost full.

My previous firmware upgrade also resulted in similar problems. I am pretty happy with the performance of my watch, this upgrade is causing unnecessary issues.

Can you please downgrade me to an earlier version? Also please provide the steps for downgrading.

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,
    Sid
    Hi
    how can i roll back to previous version of my spark 3, since new version my battery keeps only 2 days between charging without activity. Its not normal - before that it even tak 12 days between charging. I try to switch off all sensors but it didn't change any thing. Please downgrade my watch to previous stable version.
    @2Karl @eldorado1984 I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Sidhartha Anireddy Please check your inbox for my PM.

@Jayney5648 Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your iOS device: iOS

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard Thanks but why you move from 1.7.64 to 1.3.255 if previous versions - 1.7.53 and 1.7.62 were fine.
    Thanks for the reply.

I tried that again and it didn't work. I actually tried and checked all that before my original post.

The watch is saying its conected but the app and phone can't find it.

Do you have any further advice please?
    Ok just tried to connect again, now absolutely nothing is happening, the watch isn't thinking its connecting again? Any ideas? Thanks
    lampard wrote:
    @2Karl @eldorado1984 I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.
    Well i made a factory reset and ... nothing, connect to Sport Connect software and ... nothing still i have 1.7.64
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0