Faded colors on the VIA 52 display — TomTom Community

Faded colors on the VIA 52 display

hi I have borght a tomtom via the colour seems faded when the sun is on it I cant see the direction very clear at all. any idea what I can do.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,393 Superusers
    Hi
    @michael1055
    The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 WiFi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" if not supplied with enough power

When the device is In use they are designed to be always connected to a power supply
    The Tomtom supplied Power Adapter is rated at 5Volts 1.2Amps
    Even after you have recharged the device externally via a mains charger, when in use in the vehicle, they will still require being connected to a Tomtom supplied Power Adapter (Or a proven suitable 3rd party Power adapter)

(1)... Do NOT attach them to a dashboard USB port in your vehicle as they normally only supply 500mAmp (0.5Amp) and are for data transfer and not supplying power: See... [1]... A dashboard USB port can also fool a NAV4 Device into entering 'Updating Mode' and display the Connected to your Computer splash screen
    (2)... Using a NONE Tomtom 3rd party underpowered or a mismatched cigarette lighter charger can cause the device to go into Power Saving Mode: See...[1]
    (3)... On the Models with a built-in SIM, the reduction of power to the SIM can cause the dropping of the traffic info

Note... [1] At an (Undisclosed) percentage of battery discharge, the device will try to save its power requirements by dimming the screen and eventually powers off the device... Devices with a built-in SIM Card may also lose Live Traffic services

As a test... Try using the Tomtom supplied cable and Tomtom supplied Power Adapter
    The Charger Adaptor and USB Cable supplied by Tomtom WILL run and charge the device at the same time

Many 3rd party Mismatched Charger Adaptors won't run and charge the device at the same time
    See... It's not simply a power thing.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/go-61-brightness-problems-1025607?postid=1177429

ATB YFM
  • michael1055michael1055 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    hi I am using adapters and cable that came with tomtom via doesn't make any difference. I have tried all sorts of cables a d adapters
    Hi
    @michael1055
    Maybe....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Brightness...
    Is the Day Brightness Slider set less than 100%

The latest screen are quite reflective I have my NAV4/5 devices tilted back at a slight angle to stop the mirror like refection effect

Try a Drum roll restart on the device

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
    Hi
    @michael1055
    Also....
    What is the charge level of the battery showing ???

The best way to check your true battery charge state
    Have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound, then continue to hold the on/off button Until the black and white text screen appears
    The battery status is towards the bottom of the list

b0250b3c-b518-4854-87d5-cd002d28756b.jpg
    ATB YFM