Golf Rounds not updating to app or website — TomTom Community

Golf Rounds not updating to app or website

adrianpaintinadrianpaintin Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Golfer & Golfer 2
This appears to have been mentioned by a number of users. Mine stopped updating after 28th March 2018. I can't find any solution offered. Watch is up to date and on the latest version. Is there actually a solution for this or has this benefit been lost?

Comments

• paulnugentpaulnugent Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Mine stopped at this time to, around the 28th of march. whats going on??
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,896
    Community Manager
    There is probably a corrupted activity file stuck on your watch blocking new files from being uploaded. I'm afraid the only fix is a factory reset in the settings of TomTom Sports Connect.
  • LabadieLabadie Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    tried this and sadly this didn't solve the problem. Did the suggested solution help you @adrianpaintin @paulnugent ?
    I did a factory reset and it seems to have sorted the issue.
  • adrianpaintinadrianpaintin Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have done a factory reset and will report back. Thanks @jurgen, @Labadie and @paulnugent.
    Seem to also now have a battery recharge problem!
  • LabadieLabadie Posts: 8 [Legendary Explorer]
    Played again yesterday and round doesn't show up on phone or website.

I'll play again on Sunday hope this is fixed by then
    I have played my first round since the factory reset. This round has downloaded to my phone and the watch battery life appears to have sorted itself out. I noticed a couple of differences to the appearance of some elements of the watch eg. the scoring screen after a hole was completed, so I am wondering if the new upgraded software version was ever fully succesfully downloaded as @jurgen suggested.
    Unfortunately my factory reset hasnt worked, now the watch doesnt record most shots so im oficially the best golfer ever to play the game with scores like -25,-27 this product works well initailly but give it a year and is starts to give up and stop working. Very poor for the price.
    I have now played a couple of rounds. Things are better but the download from the watch to the app still not 100%. For example watch recorded the correct score of +34 (a very bad day!) but downloaded as +29. Trying to correct through the app takes for ever.
  • Gillard82Gillard82 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Have to admit that the device itself is accurate, comfortable and easy to use.

The supporting app is by far the worst i have ever used!

To start with, the app refuses to sync all the rounds that i have played and then on the rare occasion it decides it does want to sync a round, it doesn't sync all of the shots. Then you have to go into each hole and add each stroke individually which is an idiotic way of doing things!

This product has the potential to be really good but, it is let down by Tomtom's support or should i say lack of support!

I have have contacted Tomtom many times regarding the syncing issues that it seems every user is experiencing and they do nothing at all.

There was an update available today, i installed it hoping it may be a fix for some of the issues but, when i looked at what the update was for, it was for every device other than the golfer!

Tomtom clearly do not care about their customers.

I should have bought a Garmin instead!