Day and night brightness - does not change automatically — TomTom Community

Day and night brightness - does not change automatically

NolleNolle Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have tested my settings and can't find any thing wrong (there can still be), but still it won't change automatically. What can be wrong?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,782 Superusers
    Are you talking about a sports watch (as this is a sports watch forum)? The watches do not have any automatic brightness setting so that may be the issue. Perhaps you are referring to a SatNav, in which case you should post this to a SatNav forum?

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,782 Superusers
    I just bought my go620 and then did all of the updates . After the last update ( No record as I did not review the updates ) the Brightness changed to I believe a night mode ? For lack of being new to this product . Now I had to reset the unit to defaults and start over . Do you have the same issue Nolle ? Worked well out of the box but after updating the mode will not change to days ..
    Again, this is a sports watch forum so no one on here will be able to help you. Repost in the proper forum.
  • NolleNolle Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    No, my problem is related a Tomtom Go 600 carnav. unit
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,057 Superusers
    Hi
    @Nolle

Have you accidentally set the Automatic switching of Day/Night Map colours to off ???

There's an anomaly in the Day/Night switching, where if you change the setting during the hours of darkness to off, the switching to Daytime Map colours never happens....

During the Daytime hours the the Night colours are OFF therefore the Icon is slashed through

141b2a92-6c52-4882-aa3b-faab8c911998.jpg
    Day/Night auto settings....
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Display... Switch to night colours when dark (Default ON)

Warning... Avoid turning off Day-Night switching during the hours of darkness this can cause a problem.....
    Answer.....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-wi-fi-6200-5200-620-520-482/go-6200-night-time-setting-1014586?postid=1131453

ATB YFM