Go510 won't "Add Device", Updates failing indefinitely. Swindled?
For several months I have tried - and failed - to update my Europe+Scandinavian (Lifetime) maps and speed cameras on my (replaced) Go 510. (replaced due to failed hardware).
On my Win10 PC the MyDrive Connect recognizes that I have a Go 510 attached to a USB port, but "Add Device" will always fail. I have tried the following:
- Disabled AntiMalwarebytes
- Disabled Windows Defender
- Direct USB connection between the Device and the PC
- Using TomTom original USB cable
- Using a fresh download of latest MyDrive Connect
- I have a 8 GB (7.91 GB) memorycard and 1.15 GB internal memory.
- After I received the replaced device (~1+ year ago) I could update without any problems.
- Software version: 16.201.2572.311 (0) (27-05-2016)
- Maps: 'Europe with Scandinavia buildings' v960.7066
- Recently I have tried updating multiple times over several days, but no go.
- I have Reset (Settings\System\Reset) the Device two times, but no go.
Q: What is going on at TomTom these days?
Has TomTom actually swindled me, lying about providing "lifetime updates" and then simply abandoned their commitment?
I don't understand, I really don't.
Text: "Do you want to add this device?"
Text: "TRY AGAIN, unfortunately something went wrong. You currently cannot add your device to your account. Try again".