Fitness points for brick workouts — TomTom Community

Fitness points for brick workouts

HJ23HJ23 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
hi,

When I do brick sessions or duathlon (running, cycling, running) I get a lot of fitness points for the first sport (running), but when I switch to the second or third one, I get very few points even though my heart rate is measured between perform and peak in the heart rate zones. I have done a hard reset on the watch but is still persists. I have a Runner 3 watch.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,794 Superusers
    HJ23 wrote:
    hi,

When I do brick sessions or duathlon (running, cycling, running) I get a lot of fitness points for the first sport (running), but when I switch to the second or third one, I get very few points even though my heart rate is measured between perform and peak in the heart rate zones. I have done a hard reset on the watch but is still persists. I have a Runner 3 watch.
    There appears to be a level of diminishing returns where you get a lot of points for an initial activity but reduced thereafter. I assume this is because you have set a high bar to those that follow. It is all in the logic behind how they do points, which is a proprietary secret that TT will not reveal. There is nothing you can do to change this. I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you in terms of fitness points or fitness age. It only uses runs or cycles to calculate points and while it does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.