Ability to crop an activity in MySports — TomTom Community

Ability to crop an activity in MySports

victorivusvictorivus Posts: 14 [Outstanding Explorer]
Sometimes I finish running and I forget to stop the watch (and I know I'm not the only one..), or I think I've pressed the button but I'm so tired I haven't even got enough strength to press it hahaha. I think it would be great to have the possibility in MySports to "crop" a run. Example:

Yesterday I had a 2km race, after finishing it I didn't press the button correctly and now I've got a 9km run in almost 5 hours because it kept working inside my bag. This could be solved with a simple button on MySports where I could set the end of the activity after the first 2km (or wherever I want to).

Now I can't use this run to "RACE THIS" and I don't have a real reference of what I did.

Comments

• MikkoKMikkoK Posts: 23,905 Retired Community Managers and Staff
    Hi victorivus,

Sorry for my late reply!

You can actually adjust the data of your run in MySports. Click the More button on the top right and choose Change.

Should you make a mistake, you can always re-export your activity;

Re-exporting old watch activities

Cheers, Mikko
  • parker.hmodparker.hmod Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hello,
    I'm having similar trouble, and guess that the software has updated since this question was answered. The only options for editing the run are to change the duration, distance or energy used. I cannot seem to remove the last 5 miles of my run even though I was in the car then!
    Any help??
    Cheers,
    H
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,903 Superusers
    Hello,
    I'm having similar trouble, and guess that the software has updated since this question was answered. The only options for editing the run are to change the duration, distance or energy used. I cannot seem to remove the last 5 miles of my run even though I was in the car then!
    Any help??
    Cheers,
    H

You cannot edit the GPS data, you can just change the duration and distance, which will update the pace and other metrics. The map will still include the full data track, there is no way to crop it. You can crop it in Strava or other platforms but you cannot begin the cropped data back into MySports.
    Well that's rubbish isn't it?!
    Thanks for your reply.
    H
    Well that's rubbish isn't it?!
    Thanks for your reply.
    H

Not really, most platforms do not allow you to crop activity data. Strava is actually the only one I know of that does (and only for certain activities). MapMyFitness, SportTracks and RunKeeper do not allow this either, so TomTom is in the majority here.
    Again, thanks for your reply, but just because most other platforms don't allow cropping doesn't mean it shouldn't be expected by the users. As the original poster said, lots of people forget to turn off an activity when they've finished. I can quite easily do a speed, distance, time calculation without my gps data, so changing the data in mysports is not really gaining me anything.:?
    Take care,
    H
  • atdotslashdotatdotslashdot Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    .... and if you've got into the car and driven off before you've realised you haven't stopped the watch it will play havoc with your totals/goals . Even without a crop facility it would be nice to upload a gpx file corrected in other software.
  • greg hgreg h Posts: 17 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Regarding the response below
    You cannot edit the GPS data, you can just change the duration and distance, which will update the pace and other metrics. The map will still include the full data track, there is no way to crop it. You can crop it in Strava or other platforms but you cannot begin the cropped data back into MySports[

I today changed the duration of a spin bike session from 2,29 (incorrect stopping of watch) to 1 hr. The heart rate average, which i assume forms part of the metrics referred to, did not change. So even this doesn't seem to be working properly?

I fully agree with the others, strava type cropping functionality is a prerequisite. Tomtom is supposed to be cutting edge, why cant they follow what already exists.
    In South africa, gyms like Discovery/Virgin-active want to upload data direct from mysport, & this affects the gym costs & other financial & achievement bonuses they supply. There is a need for this info to be accurate & have the elevated heart rates & distances to prove validity of the training session. In my opinion this is now beyond a nice to have & Tomtom will lose customers if they cant provide this.
  • marcvanzeemarcvanzee Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I agree with all the other posters: This feature should be available.

+1!
    marcvanzee wrote:
    I agree with all the other posters: This feature should be available.

+1!
    It won't be. Since TT has left the wearables market they really have no incentive to pursue this, they are not producing new watches, just selling out the stock they have and then it will be legacy support, I do not see them throwing any money after a market they have given up on.
  • xterragxterrag Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:

It won't be. Since TT has left the wearables market they really have no incentive to pursue this, they are not producing new watches, just selling out the stock they have and then it will be legacy support, I do not see them throwing any money after a market they have given up on.

Sad, but true. However, I knew that when I bought the watch. I just view MySports as a way to get data into Strava. Sad, because I actually like the watch. Definitely more "fit-for-purpose" that the stupid Garmin watch I bought that broke within 10 weeks!