Stolen TomTom XL - Map Transfer? — TomTom Community

Stolen TomTom XL - Map Transfer?

marklaaaamarklaaaa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Unfortunately someone broke into my vehicle last week and stole my trusty TomTom XL which had European maps.

If I was to buy a second hand XL, would I be able to transfer the European maps I had for my old TomTom over to the new one?

TIA

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    Maps are not transferrable between devices.

That said, you may find a compassionate agent who might add the map to your account.

When you call, do NOT mention your model in order for a live agent to respond:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • marklaaaamarklaaaa Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your response.

I've been trying to find a phone number to call for quite some time. The agent I spoke to a couple of years ago was very helpful. I tried the number you've provided half an hour ago but the automated system just said to look on the forums.

The other problem is the maps are much bigger nowadays so Europe doesn't fit on the XL. The maps on my old stolen device may have a been slightly out of date, but at least I had the UK, France, Spain and Germany all on the same map.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    Did you provide a model when asked? If so, that's why you were referred to the forums. Do NOT provide a model.........just wait for a live agent.
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    Almost all XL devices are obsolete and no longer supported.
    Buying a second hand XL is a waste of money (and it may have been stolen too). :grinning: