Cannot access my ttbin file using iTunes — TomTom Community

Cannot access my ttbin file using iTunes

jonstipjonstip Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
I lost an activity during an upload on Saturday. I am trying to recover it from my iPhone, to which there are many related posts and solutions offered. I am however not able to access apps in iTunes. Reading elsewhere it appears that this functionality has been ditched by Apple (Thanks!).

Any thoughts or ideas to try and recover my lost 50 km ultra marathon?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,788 Superusers
    If you cannot get the ttbin you cannot recover it, but I have not heard that Apple got rid of this as others have done it successfully recently. Here are the full instructions:

To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files (if they are not there the activity is lost and not recoverable - what is on the watch is just summary data, all the detail is gone):

PC:
    The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices:
    a. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    b. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    c. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    d. Select MySports.
    e. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    f. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices:
    a. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).
    b. Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jonstipjonstip Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Thank your for your reply.
    Below is a partial screenshot of the drop down options when I click on my device.
    Note I have taken this up with Apple but it seems the App tab is now gone (verification TBD).baadb57b-51b2-4be2-abb4-a51fe8d9a1c5.png
    316f097d-f0cd-4123-931c-8fe6bb299fbd.jpg
    Apple have removed the app in the device drop down, however if you click on the device and then go to file sharing you can then click on Mysports and all the ttbin files appear.
    I will now follow you instructions.