Go 520 WiFi - No speed cameras alerts are not showing! — TomTom Community

Go 520 WiFi - No speed cameras alerts are not showing!

SriskanthSriskanth Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited August 13 in Speed Cameras
Hi

I recently purchased Go520 WiFi, after updates, the device doest not shows speed cameras alerts.

Can I know the exact reason why the alerts are not showing?

Thank you

Comments

• PipereedPipereed Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same problem with my Urban rider?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,543 Superuser
    @Pipereed @Sriskanth

Remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    Help others identify useful content :-
    If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    Niall wrote:
    @Pipereed @Sriskanth

Remember after each up date to do a soft reset, you will loose nothing, it is like rebooting your computer and reloads all the new files from an update.

A soft reset :- with your device charged for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply; press and hold your on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound (or the TomTom hands symbol appears) then release the on/off button. Make sure you are outside and have a clear view of the sky (satellites)
    I've tried that? (Does that actually work on the Urban rider?) I've tried restoring it too. nada?
    @Pipereed

In that case contact Customer Services to check the status of your camera alerts

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • SriskanthSriskanth Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Niall wrote:
    @Pipereed @Sriskanth

• SriskanthSriskanth Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Niall

I did resetting the device two times, there is no improvement. Still no showing speed camera warnings

What to do next?
    @Sriskanth

As I said above, "In that case contact Customer Services to check the status of your camera alerts"

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
    Niall wrote:
    @Pipereed

In that case contact Customer Services to check the status of your camera alerts

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
    Nial, My problem has been resolved.
    i didn't call CS. I remembered that I made a complete copy of the onboard SD card in Febuary. So I stripped ALL the data from the device and copied over the previously saved data to the unit, and it now works. It was clearly an update issue. I'm just not able to update the unit for fixes untill there's a fix on TT's side.

I recomend every one backs up their device to a seperate folder on their PC or Mac. in this manner. TT Home cant be 100% trusted.
  • ezcezc Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Niall,

Haven't road-tested your solution yet but the soft reboot is t least showing a traffic camera on a nearby road...
  • Mag107Mag107 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited August 13
    Hi I have a Go 520 and also no longer have speed/red light cameras working, on a 100km trip I had 1 alert only near my area.
    I have done the soft reset (no result) and factory reset also no result and also I would get a speed camera up-date nearly every time I got in the car and I no longer get any up- dates...
  • Mag107Mag107 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    If you are having the same problem as I had, ring TomTom support as it was a an application issue which they fixed in a minute :+1: