Runner 3 battery life

Cathy25
Cathy25 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have just got a new tomtom runner 3 to replace my 3 month old tomtom runner 3 that just stopped working.
the new watch will only last max 2 and a half hours while running GPS. That was an epic fail having my watch go completely flat 2 and a half hours into my marathon. the runner is advertied to last 11 hours with hr and GPS on. should I b ed returning the watch?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    Why did you buy another watch when the original was still under warranty? Support would have replaced it for free. Also, why did you buy another watch from a company that left the wearables market 6 months ago and is no longer producing new devices or updating the existing devices? I would return it an go with another brand. The battery issue is a known issue that they have not fixed in 6+ months.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Cathy25
    Cathy25 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I didn't buy another one... I had it replaced under warranty. I have had 2 replaced under warranty and the third one will go back today. thank you for all that information . I didn't know they no longer made wearables as I can still see them on websites. what do you recommend to buy?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    Cathy25 wrote:
    I didn't buy another one... I had it replaced under warranty. I have had 2 replaced under warranty and the third one will go back today. thank you for all that information . I didn't know they no longer made wearables as I can still see them on websites. what do you recommend to buy?
    These days there is really only one viable option, which is Garmin, who control the market.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.