Using self made maps — TomTom Community

Using self made maps

CrashTestZombieCrashTestZombie Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 22 in MyDrive Connect
Hi there,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but I'm hoping someone will be able to help with my questions.

I've created routes using MyDrive and transferred them onto my TomTom no problem at all. They load up and show exactly how I expect them to. I've just got a few questions with regards to how the TomTom follows the route :

1) If I take a wrong turn or deviate from the programmed route, will the TomTom direct me back onto my route, i.e. - will it recalculate like it normally would if you just said direct me to X.

2) If I stop the route half way through and then restart it, will the TomTom know that I'm starting half way through the route and just direct me to my destination or will it look to direct me back to the start and then direct me to my destination from the start?

3) Has anyone come up with any issues using self programmed routes?

Unfortunately I can't test this because I only have US routes on my TomTom and I'm in the UK.

Thanks.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,152 Superusers
    Once it senses you are not on the original route, it will recalculate to get you to your destination.

If you stop part way, you can always continue by planning a route to 'recent destinations'. Your destination should show there, select it.
  • CrashTestZombieCrashTestZombie Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    dhn wrote:
    Once it senses you are not on the original route, it will recalculate to get you to your destination.

If you stop part way, you can always continue by planning a route to 'recent destinations'. Your destination should show there, select it.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

So will it direct me back on to my route or will it just calculate a new route from wherever I am.

I am doing Route 66 so have planned out the whole route broken up into days. If I go off the route to see some attraction, I want to be able to get back onto my pre-programmed route.