Is that possible to use my watch while it was charging?

harunerbilharunerbil Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
I will run more that 60-70 km in trail races. But due to battery life, i can not track my activity fully with this watch.
When i try to charge while an activity started, activity stopped, record broken. So i cant.
Is that possible to charge it with an external powerbank during race while running an with out any tracking loss problem. Maybe there should be some software fixes, updates. :)

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,627 Superusers
    Not really. If the watch has a change in power state (plugging in or unplugging) it resets the activity, so plugging it in mid-run would end your activity. Your only option would be to start it plugged into a battery pack and let it stay plugged in until the battery pack runs out at which point it should switch to the internal battery without resetting. However, this means you cannot wear it as the dock prevents it from being worn. If you put it in a pack, any jostling would likely dislodge the dock which would then reset it, so this is not really feasible. You could try taping or strapping it to the charger perhaps, but definitely play with it before the race. For my ultras I use a different watch with an Ultratrac mode or wear two watches, stopping the first when it is almost depleted and then starting the second. I can then join those files afterwards to make one file. The newer Adventurer model has a hiking mode that gets 24 hours of battery life by a less frequent sampling interval, but this does not help you with your race.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • harunerbilharunerbil Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Ok, i fully understand you. But i ll try to find a way to do that anyhow. ! :)) thanks.
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Not really. If the watch has a change in power state (plugging in or unplugging) it resets the activity, so plugging it in mid-run would end your activity. Your only option would be to start it plugged into a battery pack and let it stay plugged in until the battery pack runs out at which point it should switch to the internal battery without resetting. However, this means you cannot wear it as the dock prevents it from being worn. If you put it in a pack, any jostling would likely dislodge the dock which would then reset it, so this is not really feasible. You could try taping or strapping it to the charger perhaps, but definitely play with it before the race. For my ultras I use a different watch with an Ultratrac mode or wear two watches, stopping the first when it is almost depleted and then starting the second. I can then join those files afterwards to make one file. The newer Adventurer model has a hiking mode that gets 24 hours of battery life by a less frequent sampling interval, but this does not help you with your race.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • vuhungkt881vuhungkt881 Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    harunerbil wrote:
    Ok, i fully understand you. But i ll try to find a way to do that anyhow. ! :)) thanks.

tfarabaugh wrote:

Have you had any solution to this problem yet?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,627 Superusers
    Have you had any solution to this problem yet?
    There is no solution to be found, it simply cannot be done, it was not designed for endurance activities and does not have the battery life necessary for it.