Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 70 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,717 Moderator
    @Richard Foster It seems to be a defective battery, please get in touch with our customer support.

@krzyw As mentioned earlier, we only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue. Please report this to our customer support and they'll be able to assist you further.

You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
  • KatSteg5KatSteg5 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi- My Runner watch (not the 3, the older version) is no longer connecting via bluetooth to my iPhone 7. Can you please help? It will connect for a couple of seconds and then it disconnects again. Thanks!
  • Dariusz RDariusz R Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard
    I picked up the watch from the service after battery repair. I currently have version 1.3.255. Could you please update my watch back to 1.7.64. I would like to use full functionality again
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,720
    Community Manager
    Dariusz R wrote:
    @lampardI picked up the watch from the service after battery repair. I currently have version 1.3.255. Could you please update my watch back to 1.7.64. I would like to use full functionality again
    1.7.64 should now be offered.
  • InvernoInverno Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard Hi, please, would You reverse my Spark 3 to the 1.3.255 firmware version? I'll give up the exercises, but otherwise the device is unusable, it is always down of battery when I need it, also due to the lack of switch off option...
    Any news on a battery fix firmware version? But will it never come?
    Thanks a lot.
  • felvegir72felvegir72 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    [h3]Please downgrade firmware in my watch (HNxxxxGxxxxxx) to firmware 1.7.53. After update to 1.7.64 version up the bluetooth pairing is very lumbering (pairing pin cannot be entered to the phone), reading for external HRM was inaccurate. After update to latest version my watch doesn't even recognize external HRM.[/h3]
    Already tried factory reset. My Xiaomi Redmi 4X recognize HRM without any issues.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!

• ElpoohoElpooho Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard could you please downgrade my watch (HQxxxxG-xxxxx) to whatever latest stable version you have as it doesn't sync anymore?

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • felvegir72felvegir72 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello @lampard I solved my problem. Thanks for the support.
    @Inverno I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Elpooho The latest software 1.7.64 resolves an issue which in a few cases, could prevent the watch from pairing with a phone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). So I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Cheers,
    lampard
  • InvernoInverno Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @Inverno I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Thank You very much.
    So, now I will have to reject firmware update proposals from the Connect program, until (if) the version that fixes the abnormal battery consumption will come out, right?
  • Richard FosterRichard Foster Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you to Lampard again. Have contacted customer services and my watch is going back for repair/replacement under warranty for a defective battery just as you suspected.
    Kind regards, Richard Foster.
  • fakammingafakamminga Posts: 9 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi there,

I am not often checking this forum and instead of searching/browsing this topic I would like to know if the battery issued of the Spark/Runner 2 watch of 2015 have been resolved or being resolved?

I have the latest firmware but I still can't put the continuous Hart Rate monitoring on since it will prevoke a battery drain issue although the battery is still full.

Many thanks in advance

Cheers,
    Fabien
  • GreenGrassIRLGreenGrassIRL Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, I have a TomTom Runner 1 and using a P8 Lite v1 phone , Android Ver 5.0.1

Recently when synching it gets to around 20% and drops, it will not sync the rest, unless you persist on closing the app and re-opening, after a lot of trying it may or may not sync fully, the phone also repeatedly asks to be paired when doing this process.

I have tried wiping the settings and re-pairing

do i need to be rolled back to an older version of software?

Thanks
    Dan
  • ydaveydave Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi @lampard
    I have a TomTom Spark watch. After the recent update to 1.7.64 I am unable to connect to any of my phones and every time I connect it to the Connect app on the computer it hangs with the battery icon permanently displayed on the screen.
    I have tried everything under the sun including factory resets but I am unable to get it to work. Can you please help rollback the software on it to the previous stable version which I understand is 1.3.255 or any other version that will enable me to start using the watch again.

Thanks,

Yash
  • Cojay725Cojay725 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    gabbat wrote:
    Same problem here. Just bought my Spark Cardio today, battery charged, firware upgraded to 1.7.53, TomTom Sports app installed on my iPhone. When I try to pair the watch to the phone, the watch briefly displays the PIN, then slides back to the left to the menu (PIN disappears) meanwhile the phone stays on the connection screen. Disappointed with TomTom on the very first day...

I have fhe same issue. After noticing that i have 2 bars of memory being used even though i already sync, i did a factory reset as suggested from fhe forum. Now i tried to pair it again with my iphone, everytime you ‘pair new’ the watch it will briefly show rhe bluetooth logo and pin then slide back to the main menu. This happened after doing a factory reset. My runner 3 version 1.7.64 $ ios 11.2.6. Pls help!
  • Cojay725Cojay725 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard hi there maybe you could help me out with my runner 3. Tried doing pairing it with my iphone but the watch keeps “sliding” back to the main menu which terminates the bluetooth connection. The watch is currently using 1.7.64. HR model. Is the previous firmware more stable than this new one. I only experienced this after doing a factory reset.

thanks!
  • ydaveydave Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    ydave wrote:
    Hi @lampard
    I have a TomTom Spark watch. After the recent update to 1.7.64 I am unable to connect to any of my phones and every time I connect it to the Connect app on the computer it hangs with the battery icon permanently displayed on the screen.
    I have tried everything under the sun including factory resets but I am unable to get it to work. Can you please help rollback the software on it to the previous stable version which I understand is 1.3.255 or any other version that will enable me to start using the watch again.

Thanks,

Yash
    @VikramK [user=93]Jürgen[/user]
    Hi, Can someone please help rollback the software on my Spark. It's unusable at the moment due to battery and software crash issues.

Thanks,

Yash
  • Lynn06Lynn06 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, my iPhone and spark 3 have recently stopped pairing with each other via Bluetooth, please can you help?

Version on iphone 10.0.0
    Version on watch 1.7.64
    @fakamminga I've already sent you a PM about this.

@GreenGrassIRL This is an ongoing issue with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches. Currently, there is no workaround for this and you need to use the PC/laptop to sync the activities for a time being. Rolling back to the old firmware version will not help in this case.

@ydave I've now put you on the version 1.3.255 to get rid of the battery issue, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@Cojay725 @sarawd @Lynn06 I would advise you guys to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: iOS

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
  • fitzpatsfitzpats Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Please roll back my Spark 3 to enable pairing to my iPhone - currently on 1.7.62 and unable to pair - the watch shows the pin code, but the phone never moves past trying to connect. Thanks!
  • PacmanclydePacmanclyde Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard

Is there a known issue with the Google Pixel phones?

My Spark 3 is not pairing. It says "Preparing to Sync" and then disconnects.
    Watch ver 1.7.64
    App ver 10.0.1 Build 352

Will a firmware rollback help me?

Thank you!
  • KriexiKriexi Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi, Can I please get a roll back to a version where my Spark 2 will actually connect to my iPhone via bluetooth? Really tired of not being able to use the watch's full potential!
  • kamphuisalexkamphuisalex Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I also had trouble syncing and tried to re-pair. Now i can't pair, with iphone (6s) or with android (xperia z5 compact)

the bleutooth pin code shows up on the watch very briefly and then the watch returns to homescreen.

on some occassions the phone offers the 'enter pin' screen to pair. if i record the phones display with a camera so that i can read the pin code, and enter this into phone, pairing still fails.

it seems to be an issue with the watch.

i can't remember exactly when the problems appeared, but i think after update 1.7.64

will a rollback help?

btw: spark 2
    @fitzpats @Kriexi I can see that you have the old software version 1.7.62 installed on your watch. You can connect your watch to the computer and update it via Sports Connect to the latest software 1.7.64. Before pairing after update, please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

@kamphuisalex @Pacmanclyde I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
  • kamphuisalexkamphuisalex Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @fitzpats @Kriexi I can see that you have the old software version 1.7.62 installed on your watch. You can connect your watch to the computer and update it via Sports Connect to the latest software 1.7.64. Before pairing after update, please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

@kamphuisalex @Pacmanclyde I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues to remove the existing Bluetooth connection form your smartphone: Android/iOS

Let us know how it goes!

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard thank you, forgetting on IOS and then restarting IOS device worked.

I haven't tried for android, since I'm with IOS paired for now.

thank you for you swift reply and for pointing out the solution :) I'll be out running tonight!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0