Account error by TOMTOM — TomTom Community

Account error by TOMTOM

shell24ashell24a Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map quality
You have my account address incorrect from the time of purchase, I have asked you to correct the country from United States to Australia, but you refuse to do it.
Why is this so?
And why is it so difficult to contact you?
Would you please contact me to get the correct details.
And please don't offer me items for sale pertaining to America, I don't go there.

I await your reply, as I have done for the past several years.

fred ..

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 11,064
    Superuser
    @shell24a

Contact Customer Services by phone to get an agent to alter your account details.

I note from your profile that you have a START 52, that device uses MyDriveConnect (get that from here) not TomTom Home

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
  • shell24ashell24a Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Actually Niall, despite several emails in early 2017, which I have long since lost, this was the only place I could find in my attempt to get in touch with someone. This has to be one of the most timid of companies when it comes to customer contact online.
    I do have Mydriveconnect but it is of no use whatsoever in providing contact information.

I don't understand why they put me in America in the first place other than they said there was some problem of theirs, nor why they seem unable to alter my address, or even if they care.
    So I am not a favourite of Tomtom at the moment.

Despite that I will ring that number you provided next week and see what happens.

Please advise why I was not able to find that phone number online.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 11,064
    Superuser
    @shell24a

The problem of finding the phone number is that you have to delve through many layers from the "Contact us" link at the bottom of this screen that leads to https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_AU
    I.E.
    1. select "Navigation device"
    2. > "Car"
    3. > "Tom Tom Start"
    4. > select "START 52" from list
    5. > select "My Tomtom account" from drop-down list
    6. > "Phone us" that finally gives the phone number