vaahlo Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
how to empty the memory of my watch?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    The watch memory is automatically emptied every time you sync, there is no way to delete activities from the watch manually. To completely clear it you need to do a factory reset. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Edubabble
    Edubabble Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    Interesting as mine constantly shows two of the memory blocks being full since the last update and it does not change, even after a run or syncing with the computer etc..

Is this a glitch with mine or an issue since the last update?
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Edubabble wrote:
    Interesting as mine constantly shows two of the memory blocks being full since the last update and it does not change, even after a run or syncing with the computer etc..

It is a glitch with the firmware. You need to do a factory reset to clear it.
  • Edubabble
    Edubabble Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Edubabble wrote:

Many thanks. Done a bit of forum research last night and found that the factory reset was the way forward. It seems to have worked, but I can only confirm it self-clears after sync when I've completed more activities etc...
    Here's hoping! :)
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Edubabble wrote:
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Edubabble wrote:

Many thanks. Done a bit of forum research last night and found that the factory reset was the way forward. It seems to have worked, but I can only confirm it self-clears after sync when I've completed more activities etc...
    Here's hoping! :)
    Be prepared for it to do it again eventually. Thankfully the watch has a lot of storage for activities, so even with the glitch you will not likely run out of space (I am not even sure it is an issue with storage as much with the display itself). Since TT has closed their Sports Division, I am not sure it will ever be fixed, but at least a factory reset clears it.