TomTom Runner 2 Heart Rate data into Samsung Health app? — TomTom Community

TomTom Runner 2 Heart Rate data into Samsung Health app?

Sam131Sam131 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
Hi there - I'm looking for a way to get data about my heart rate from my TomTom Runner 2 watch into the Samsung app.

I can see that Samsung Health on my Samsung phone can search for compatible
BT BLE and ANT+ devices, but my TomTom Runner 2 watch is not being recognised by that scan.

Is there any plan to make TomTom a bit more compatible with other fitness apps (like Samsung Health, and Google Fit)?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,835 Superusers
    There is no way to get activity data from TT to Samsung and the phone will not recognize the watch since it is a watch, not a HR strap. It is not designed to transmit HR in real time, it collects it internally. There are no plans to increase compatibility considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US). We can safely assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes (and even that may be limited - it has been over six months since the last update broke connectivity for many users and introduced battery drain issues and that is still unresolved). I would not expect much more development and certainly not something major particularly on the watch side (they may continue to tweak the MySports site and app, but not the watches themselves).

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Sam131Sam131 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thanks. That's disappointing. On the "phone not recognising the watch" front, I'm not sure you're quite right, since the phone app recognises a lot of watches, just not TomTom watches. Nevertheless, given what you've said about the lack of further support from TomTom, that point is moot.

Development of the TomTom app is probably where the most likely solution lies - if there's no plans for further development, are there any plans to open up the source code so that the community can have a go at picking up the pieces?
    So I've found loads of ways to get activity data from TT to Samsung (using either other fitness apps as 'intermediaries' and enabling their 'native' sync'ing features - eg Strava, Endomondo, etc, or the app SyncMyTracks).

What I haven't found yet is a means of exporting steps data.
    There is no way to export 24/7 activity data, just sports data in the form of tcx and fit files, unfortunately. As to the phone app recognizing other watches, I assume you mean the Samsung app and another brand's watches? Garmin for instance allows HR transmission so it would work with them, it is just that TT does not offer this.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
    Thanks for the reply, but with respect, when you say "there is no way to export 24/7 activity data", I just think, "Well, that's what he (or she) said about activity data before, and that wasn't right."
    Sam131 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, but with respect, when you say "there is no way to export 24/7 activity data", I just think, "Well, that's what he (or she) said about activity data before, and that wasn't right."
    When I said activity data I was referring to 24/7 activity data (like steps, HR, etc. as opposed to sports activities), so I was exactly right.
    Not really. Incorrect by omission. Anyone reading your reply would not be aware if your idiosyncratic terminology.

My question is clearly about transferring data (any data, nothing a specific type of data) from TomTom into Samsung.

Your answer is overarchingly that no such transfer of data is possible. That is not correct.
    Sam131 wrote:
    Not really. Incorrect by omission. Anyone reading your reply would not be aware if your idiosyncratic terminology.

My question is clearly about transferring data (any data, nothing a specific type of data) from TomTom into Samsung.

Your answer is overarchingly that no such transfer of data is possible. That is not correct.
    Whatever, parse my response out any way you want and argue with my language all you want but it does not change the situation.
  • YogaRocksYogaRocks Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    What Sam says is correct.
    When I read your reply I thought you couldn't do anything. If I had not read the next reply I would think nothing is possible.
    I would of course loo around for other solutions but I don't think your reply makes any sense or is useful.
  • dpdixondpdixon Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I think you can, with some effort, get this data through TomTom's API. I've no inside knowledge here, just what I've learnt by examining the mysports html and trial-and-error.

First, pull a list of all your activities:
    https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/webapi/v2/activity?tracking=true&trackingv=1&includeWebGoals=true&limit=2147483647

In the resulting JSON file, look for workouts with activity_type_id=21 (also activity_type_id_tt=100). [Already there's some aggregate tracking data here]
    For these activities, you can pull more details with another API call, using the "id" as a key (replace 289186479 below):
    https://mysports.tomtom.com/service/webapi/v2/activity/289186479?summary=true&track=true&suppressGolfTimeseries=true&dv=1.29

Hopefully this exact URL will fail as my tracking data is private!
    This should return a week's worth of tracking data as a JSON file including:

activity_detail - summary of activities
    tracking_detail - active_time, distance, steps, energy
    sleep_detail
    heartrate_detail - time, heartrate, quality [of signal?]
    aggregates - daily totals or averages for the above, etc.