No response to touch — TomTom Community

No response to touch

The screen can be displayed normally. But no response to touch. I try to turn off and then turn on. I tried a few times but the problem still exists.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,207 Superusers
    Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • G.LG.L Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I tried, but it doesn't work. :disappointed_relieved:
  • G.LG.L Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I bought it in January this year. In the past two months, it worked very well.

When I wanted to change my destination this afternoon, there was suddenly no response. But the screen can also display normally.

It should be noted that it has never been dropped on the ground. The screen is good.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,599 Superuser
    @G.L

Are you using a USB port in your vehicle?
    As the USB ports in your vehicle provides only 0.5Amps whereas your device should have 1.2Amps to run AND charge the battery. With a vehicle USB port the reduced power means that the device tries to save it's power requirements by dimming the screen, reducing power to the SIM thus dropping traffic info, and, as you have found out, it then sleeps.
    Try plugging the original cable into the original cigarette lighter charger, does it then keep sleeping?