TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

Unanswered?

NiallNiall Posts: 10,501 Superuser
edited January 31 in Forum feedback
Why no announcement about the new selection of "Unanswered"
https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/ now has What else has changed?
Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,236 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Niall

This feature was implemented 5 days ago. We believe it will make it easier for our active users to help others, so lets see if the number of unanswered questions goes down. :D

There are features that our service provided inSided keep implementing every now and then and so it becomes difficult to announce each one separately.

I will try to keep a track of this and see if I can keep you all posted! :D

Thanks
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,501 Superuser
    @VikramK

To reduce the number of "unanswered" requires the novice users, who have initialised a topic, to actually mark what the active users have given as an answer ;)
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,236 TomTom Moderator
    Niall wrote:
    @VikramK

To reduce the number of "unanswered" requires the novice users, who have initialised a topic, to actually mark what the active users have given as an answer ;)

:D Yeah, that is very true..

Depending on the situation, I do the following:

If the topic contains replies and one of the replies most likely is the correct answer to the question (e.g. if I know that the provided troubleshooting usually solves the issue), then I usually go ahead and mark this reply as the solution.

If the topic contains replies but the author never was active in that topic again, I usually would change the topic type from a question to a regular discussion topic. This way, potentially valuable tips for other users remain visible, but you prevent that these topics pollute our analytics and "unanswered questions" list.

-Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,501 Superuser

• John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 598 [Exalted Navigator]
    Niall wrote:

That actually made me laugh!!

When TomTom introduced this revised Forum Format/Software, I did point out that the WHOLE of that Section (how-to-use-the-forum) would need revising/updating!!

Surprise, surprise, I did NOT get a TomTom response - nor have they bothered to revise/update it!!

Regards,

John-Jay