Start 50 (2012) - keeps rebooting by itself — TomTom Community

Start 50 (2012) - keeps rebooting by itself

feets01feets01 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
When I turn on my Start 50, I hear the drums, then get the picture of battery for about 15 seconds, then get the Legal Notice. This is normal, but the now the "I Agree" button does not work. It acts like the touch screen is not working. After about a minute the legal notice disappears and the process starts over again. This will go on forever until I turn the device off. I may have messed up the file structure on the device, possibly deleting a wrong file, so it may need to have operating files reloaded? How to solve this issue?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,368
    Superusers
    Is the battery fully charged in the device?
  • feets01feets01 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Battery is fully charged, been plugged in 8+ hours.
    This device was working just before I started having this issue. I was installing a new map update and aborted it when I noticed it would not fit (new US Map). About that time I started having issues. Like I mentioned, it acts like the touchscreen does not work correctly. Touching "I agree" at the Legal notice screen has no affect. After a while, the screen blanks out and starts over again to the same point looking at the Legal notice. Over and over again.
  • feets01feets01 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    OK. I may know the issue. Yesterday I was not able to update the software maps, said they were up to date (even though they were not due to the abort done). Today a new map update was available so I downloaded it and it was installed. Problem solved. It may be that if a map download is interrupted, then the corrupted map will not load. Only when an update was available and fully installed did the issue go away. :relaxed: