Syncing my watch to Strava

MarcGreenberg
MarcGreenberg Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My TomTom GPS watch stopped syncing my runs with Strava. What is the best way for me to get it to start syncing again without losing any of the data that is on my watch? Thanks.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    Your best bet is to remove the Strava upload and then reinstall it. On the Apps & Exporting tab delete the entry for Strava. Then go into Strava and under Settings> Apps revoke the access for TomTom. Now go back into MySports and add Strava again. You will be prompted for your Strava login credentials which will reset the link.

You are always able to load activities manually in Strava by hitting the + sign in the upper right corner, and clicking Upload Activity, then on the menu on the left choose File and hit the Choose Files button. It accepts .tcx, .gpx. or .fit files. If you sync through the PC and have it set to create a data file each time (recommended to give you an archived backup of each activity) then you just need to select that file. If not, can go into the activity on MySports and hit the download button to download a data file for the activity (.fit is the best, it has the most data in the smallest file size and is universally accepted).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • lauralodge
    lauralodge Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I think it might be a wider problem as there seems to be a few of us having issues x
  • Aniek
    Aniek Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem here....
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,948
     Superuser
    It looks like the link may have dropped out due to a problem on either TT or Strava's servers. All activities are cached and will eventually upload automatically, you do not need to do anything.