Can't Download QuickGPS

madmaus
madmaus Registered Users Posts: 65
Prominent Wayfarer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I can't download a new quick GPS file when syncing with my android phone. It just shows an red cross with quick GPS outdated.
Any tip?
e0678272-1e01-43dd-b464-09b915a8a682.jpg

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    You should be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in MySports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and quick fix should now update as usual.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • madmaus
    madmaus Registered Users Posts: 65
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I managed to update quick GPS by syncing with the desktop.

Could it be due to the summer time?
    The watch didn't automatically switch to new time so I did manually. Perhaps it didn't match server time?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    madmaus wrote:
    I managed to update quick GPS by syncing with the desktop.

Could it be due to the summer time?
    The watch didn't automatically switch to new time so I did manually. Perhaps it didn't match server time?
    The watch adjusts the time to match whatever the computer says, it does not adjust for summer time automatically. It should do it when synced to the phone, but it is definitely more reliable with the computer. If it happens again, try the steps above, it takes a few seconds and does resolve some issues around the GPS file.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • jcrespin72
    jcrespin72 Registered Users Posts: 28
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    The same thing happened to me but on Iphone. To fix it, I omitted watch from bluetooth and ran the QuickGPS
  • boubourunner
    boubourunner Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Traveler
    @madmaus ,

I face the same (may be) issue with QuickGPS not syncing over bluetooth from my android phone.
    (App version 10.0.0, seems the same with 10.0.1). I'm using the last firmware on runner 3 (1.7.64)

Here is my workarround:
    • use my own App for QuickGPS sync before activities (spark/runner 3)
    • use TomTom Sports App to synchronize activities
    Here are more informations:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/sports-connect-apps-website-389/alternative-mobile-application-clue-for-synchronisation-issue-1033595

Ask me in private if you want to try this way.
This discussion has been closed.