No development? — TomTom Community

No development?

otas_peotas_pe Posts: 84 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hello, my subscribtion is going to expire soon and now i am not sure to pay for new. I see that development is too slow now, last update was released in October 2017, almost 6 months ago. Does anyone know something about future development? Or develompment was stopped?

Comments

• Vaclav FouneVaclav Foune Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    The app is already quite good, in terms of graphics and traffic information probably the best but I also have the feeling that the development has slowed down. It would be a pity.
  • flocfloc Posts: 84 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    many users are switching to androidauto or others in-dash navigation these days. I suspect TomTom has no interest in further development.
  • MrMMrM Posts: 159 [Revered Navigator]
    That would surprise me. Many in-dash = TomTom and based on the same engine (Android?). So I think development would go hand in hand.
  • otas_peotas_pe Posts: 84 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Thank you for answer. I think no answer from TomTom staff can not be expected. So if no any update in one month then I am going to switch to Android auto.
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    floc wrote:
    many users are switching to androidauto or others in-dash navigation these days. I suspect TomTom has no interest in further development.
    That may well be, however, on a phone, Android Auto wastes FAR too much precious desktop space with pointless banners, for example "WiFi Only", the BT / Time bar which really should auto-hide and the oversized navigation controls which, again, really ought to auto-hide.

From what I've seen, Google has a LONG way to go before its UI gets anywhere close to that of TomTom.
  • RCoenenRCoenen Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    The app just passed the 10 million downloads. TomTom would be dumb to slow down on development for this popular app. :wink:

bead933c-1fa8-433d-b58d-ca01208a304d.png
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    Been with TT since my iPaq and several expensive standalones. Been with Go since launched. I have also pretty much tried all the competition wasting lots of money doing that.

Only complaints I have are:

Terribly slow to launch and It takes forever to have roads, including major freeways, updated that Google has included for months. I have reported the changes and been ignored.

Did recently renew after three years and swearing i wouldn't. I'll give them another year.

Biggest flaw in Google is the maps aren't on board so if the towers are too far away you are afloat with no paddle. Use Google a lot I imagine the data hit could get expensive.
  • fabiofi17fabiofi17 Posts: 47 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I agree.
    No news....no updatings....no improving... This app is blocked 1 years ago........