Serial number on my XXL — TomTom Community

Serial number on my XXL

ojibwayojibway Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I haven't used my Tomtom xxl for a few years and I want to update it.
The drop down box for two letters preceding the serial number does not off the ones corresponding to my device which are GQ
I'm stuck and cannot move forward.
Any advice please?
Mike

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,951
    Superuser
    @ojibway

"GQ">XL IQ Routes ² / XL Classic, 1GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol

That device has been declared "End of life" see https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/

Which means that there will be no more updates
  • ojibwayojibway Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the response.
    Tomtom could at least have provided that information instead of making it impossible to even find the relevant satnav.
    They keep offering me new satnavs.
    Planned obsolescense for sure.
    I'll use my Garmin instead.:relaxed:
  • xsquidxsquid Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have an xxl and just now started updating after not using several years. I get the same end of service but its updating the mapa as I have lifetime maps. So if you have lifetime maps it should still update. You have to choose a section of the maps now though.

Every day, at TomTom, we work very hard to bring you the best navigation experience ever. A big part of this work is to continuously improve the quality of the maps, services, and software that your navigation device runs on.

It has become clear that some of our older generation navigation devices do not have sufficient resources to run the newest maps and software available.

HOW IT WILL AFFECT YOUR DEVICE (DEVICES WITH LIFETIME MAPS ARE NOT AFFECTED)