Start 25- Memory expansion

I have 3120 Mbs available on my Start 25. Is that enough available capacity to download the map of North America? I have no card slot for additional space.

Comments

• John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 599 [Exalted Navigator]
    As fas as I can tell, the combined North America, Canada & Mexico Map (ver 10.05) requires about 6680Mb - hence it would appear that you will not be able to install it!

Regards,

John-Jay

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,521 Superuser
    @Simol

I think you will find that you have a slot where the power lead connects see c469cccb-204c-453f-b91a-83be0b49e7c1.jpg
    Then see my guide https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-800-1000-2000-series-via-series-start-20-and-60-series-mydrive-19/formatting-a-micro-sdhc-card-990256
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • SimolSimol Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Unfortunately no slot! My Start 25 is old! Is it possible to delete the European maps and load the North American map solely?
    @Simol

Are you sure there is not a slot, as all START 25 have one!
    What are the first two characters of the serial number, :-
    "BK">Start 25, 2GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "BL">Start 25, 4GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    "BQ">Start 25, 8GB + micro-SDHC, MyDrive Connect NAV3
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
  • SimolSimol Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    BQ Start 25
    @Simol

Which states are you visiting, as if there is not enough room on your device, when you come to download the US map yous should be offered zones.
    Check the coverage here https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17115/locale/en_GB