TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

TomTom SD Card didn't recognized

SergeyLSergeyL Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 26 in Map installation
Hello, my name Sergey and i have problems with TomTom SD-Card (and with map downloading):
  1. I saw photo #1 (Blue screen) "You can connect SD-Card in Your TomTom Navigation to computer and take a free adjustments of map in Map Share community." and wanted to download new maps for TomTom (Inserted the memory card into my computer).
  2. Nothing... (I can't found another ways to have latest version of the map of Ukraine - not right format for TomTom). I didn't do something with card (Becouse have no files for uploading).
  3. Inserted the card into my TomTom device and have error - photo #2 (Red screen) "Something wrong with the card. You can't use the card at this Europe-454".
I need to download new map of Ukraine - it's Central Europe, (becouse have some problems with new names of streets). And i haven't a chanse to connect my computer to the TomTom navigator without spec mechanic (No start button - it's closed for my glance at the back of the navigator).

So what can i do with this?
Thank you in advance.
8e178a73-5421-4b51-ab88-4f207a1bcdac.jpg1e2eb4dd-3b58-4221-8a91-5bdb75389865.jpg

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,129 Superusers
    What size card did you try and what brand? Was it formatted as FAT32?
  • SergeyLSergeyL Posts: 6 [Neophyte Traveler]
    3,66GB is size,
    original TomTom.
    Yes it's format FAT32.9bcc63cd-ec41-4a5d-af4d-0ed6833cf29e.jpg
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,129 Superusers
    Get a blank 8 gb sd card formatted as FAT32 and install in the unit. Then connect the device to Home and purchase the required map.
    Okay but what can i do with this card? It's a shame that it happened - what if this happens again with next card?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,502 Superuser
    @SergeyL

Thanks for the PM but where did you get the memory card with the map from?
    If you did not purchase it directly from TomTom then it might be registered to another device, and maps are NOT transferable between devices
    Help others identify useful content :- - If someone posted something that was helpful? Click the Like button 👍

If someone answered the question you asked? Answer Yes to "Did this answer the question? Yes · No"
    It's directly purchased from TomTom - you can see this from the photo.
    From the first, SD-Card was in TomTom navigator.

The problem itself:
    1. Inserted the memory card into my computer
    2. Do nothing
    3. Took it back from the computer and inserted into the TomTom navigator
    4. Received an error