Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• pmco
    pmco Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Hello,
    Please roll my watch back to the firmware 1.7.60.

Regards.
  • alga921
    alga921 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Hi @lampard, accidentally I updated my watch to 1.7.64. Could You rollback me again to 1.3.255?

Thank You, alga921
  • rruthless
    rruthless Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Hi @lampard, my battery life is still miserable, even after rolling back to 1.3.255. Could you please update my watch back to 1.7.64? If I am going to have a poor battery life, might as well get all the features of the watch :)
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    @rruthless I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

@methane Please make a factory reset on your watch and the 1.3.255 update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@krzyw The latest software 1.7.64 resolves an issue which in a few cases, could prevent the watch from pairing with a phone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). So I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

@pmco It is not possible for us to rollback to the version 1.7.60 anymore.

Regards, lampard
  • krzyw
    krzyw Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    @lampard
    I did everything what i could find in the Internet, nothing helped. Just redid it one more time, still cant see PIN in app and in phone... this is one of the main functions...
  • pmco
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    @lampard - Gps takes a long time to connect. the tomtom headphones does not work in this version. everything was fine at 1.7.60 and now it is not possible to go back? so I go running with gps and music I have to go back to 1.3.255 and I do not have the latest features? when they solve this situation? nothing ever works well. there is no longer patience for such a lack of respect with consumers! please downgrade to the most stable version possible.
  • Wayne911
    Wayne911 Registered Users Posts: 8
    Legendary Explorer
    I've found charging directly from a USB power plug, helps. The battery on my watch shows full. But if I then plug into my laptop and sync and unplug from the software, the battery then shows only 50%! Does a sync require 50% of the battery? Anyway charging to full from a powerpoint and avoiding the connect software until after I run seems to help.
  • CJC2017
    CJC2017 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    @lampard
    I upgraded the firmware to V1.7.64 on my Runner3 and now it does not pair with my IOS11.
    Can you help me to roll back to my previous version?
    Thank you.
  • Wayne911
    Legendary Explorer
    lampard wrote:
    @Kristofh @Vassi @Tiago_Ribeiro @stephanR @Wikto0R @Ralph Gielkens @paulmcc @Christina123 @NatSt @bert.defreyne @danny2156 @JaLab @Jacket1983 @Skeepy I've reverted back the software version on your watch to 1.7.60 version. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect. The battery life of the watch will be impacted if you use the phone notifications feature. (Before pairing the watch, make sure to remove it from the Bluetooth devices under your smartphone)

@Alex68 @Lukeb88 Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in the link here to remove the watch from Bluetooth setting of your smartphone and try again? We only have issues with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite smartphones, let us know!

@highet I've put you on the old version 1.3.255. Please connect your watch to the computer and perform a factory reset, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@BB_7477 I've put you on the old version 1.762. Please connect your watch to the computer, the software will be offered in Sports Connect.

@pintasm Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers, lampard

Hi lampard, could I be rolled back to version 1.3.255 please. I tried to pm you but was unable. I really want to keep using my SPark 3, but I can't get a 30km run out of the battery. If i can pm you I can send you my serial number.
    Thanks
  • fionad
    fionad Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    Visiting another state and decided to try and pair the watch and phone and guess what it worked. Went through the exact same procedure that I have tried many, many times.
  • fionad
    fionad Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    Had turned phone off for the plane trip maybe this triggered it to work?
  • lampard
    @DuncanT I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

@Wayne911 Please make a factory reset on your watch and the 1.3.255 update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@CJC2017 If you have got the version 1.7.64 installed, please make sure to remove the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone before pairing. See the Public FAQ here: iOS

Cheers, lampard
  • pmco
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    @lampard

Hello,
    Please roll my watch back to the firmware 1.3.255.

Regards.
  • Wayne911
    Legendary Explorer
    Iampard, many thanks for the fast response, have rest watch to earlier version. Be interesting to see how the battery preforms nos.

Cheers
    Wayne
  • willowtree
    willowtree Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    Please can my account be rolled back? I have a Spark 3 and i have my first duathlon on Sunday and i can't pair to my iphone. Really not impressed with this at all! I will be saving for a Garmin!
  • MaccaARCC
    MaccaARCC Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, my TomTom Spark Cardio wont connect to phone app (Motorola Moto G4 Plus). I've tried all the usual fault finding solutions noted in FAQ of removing BT connection. Am on the latest firmware update 1.7.64.
    Any ideas what to do next?
    [Note: Watch also failed to connect to Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 after previous software update]
  • lampard
    @pmco @willowtree @MaccaARCC Can you please try a factory reset on your watch and re-pair it with your smartphones by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from the settings? See the public FAQ here to do so: Android/iOS

Let us know the outcome & the error message if any!

Cheers, lampard
  • willowtree
    willowtree Registered Users Posts: 4
    Neophyte Traveler
    All fixed thank you - it was my Bluetooth setting on my phone.
  • pmco
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    @lampard I've tried everything and nothing works well! I want to downgrade to 1.3.255 please! I already asked for this two days ago!
  • pmco
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    @lampard I no longer want the downgrade. Forget my last post.
  • Pacmanclyde
    Pacmanclyde Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hello @lampard

My Spark 3 is at 1.7.64 and my Android App Version is 10.0.0 Build 531

I'm having trouble connecting the two. The watch connects to the phone for a few seconds, then the App says "Preparing to Sync" but it never does. I got it to sync after removing the watch from bluetooth devices and factory resetting, however it froze at about 20% sync and went back to "searching for device"

Can you please roll me back to the previous stable version?

Thank you very much!
  • Richard Foster
    Richard Foster Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Sadly, the rollback to an earlier software version hasn't fixed my battery issue and the watch still dies after 48 hours without use. Interestingly though, once I start charging it, it reaches full battery charge quickly so it makes me wonder whether something in the software is incorrectly reading the battery level. I did go out for a run one morning and as I started the watch, the low battery warning displayed; but then it continued to keep going for a further 3 hours while running.

@Lampard, thank you very much for your help so far. I'll persist with the watch as it is and will consider an upgrade to a newer watch later in the year.
  • krzyw
    krzyw Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    @lampard
    Care to fix my connection problems? newest app, newest soft, nothing works - cant par it
  • Viperrex
    Viperrex Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, would like to request for rollback to a working version that has no issues with phone pairing. Had done everything suggested and phone pairing was impossible with Iphone 6s plus.
  • lampard
    @Richard Foster It seems to be a defective battery, please get in touch with our customer support.

@krzyw As mentioned earlier, we only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue. Please report this to our customer support and they'll be able to assist you further.

You can click on the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of this page to Phone/Email them.

Cheers, lampard
This discussion has been closed.