Map update/accounts

Following the prompt on my TomTom to upgrade maps I went on line, followed the procedures but not until AFTER I had bought the map upgrade package was I told
Your device is no longer supported through phone or email, and it's not possible to buy new maps and services for your device.

How can I get a refund? It seems impossible to make direct contact with TomTom. The Contact link directs one in a circle to FAQ's which are not of help. The Money Back link only lists devices not map upgrades.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,488 Superusers
    Miffle wrote:
    How can I get a refund? It seems impossible to make direct contact with TomTom. The Contact link directs one in a circle to FAQ's which are not of help. The Money Back link only lists devices not map upgrades.
    Tomtom have already stated that Lifetime Maps and any existing Map Subscriptions will be honoured

See VikramK Post (TomTom Staff) Here....
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-device-with-lifetime-maps-1032484/index1.html#post1207861

If you have Lifetime Maps or an existing Map Subscriptions Call Tomtom Support...
    Important... When Phoning... When prompted by the Auto Response System DO NOT provide your Tomtom model information stay silent, wait for a live Tomtom agent to respond
    Phone Tomtom Support...
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Email....
    Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list

94adbb9f-5a2b-404f-b570-54b41c66e823.jpg
    Click 'Contact us'

Or click Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB

Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'