Excess Calories Burned — TomTom Community

Excess Calories Burned

kacieheinzkacieheinz Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
I did not wear the watch after I finished my workout yesterday. When I woke up today it said that I burned over 700 calories after my workout. How is that even possible? I wasn't even wearing the watch to begin with!

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,169 Superusers
    You need to separate calories burned from 24/7 activity tracking from sports tracking as they are different systems. Sports tracking is just counting calories for a pacific activity for a specific period of time. For 24/7 activity tracking, if you were alive and breathing, digesting, etc. then you were burning calories and that is what a 24/7 activity tracker is supposed to be tracking. It computes a BMR based on your gender, height, weight, etc. and takes this along with steps and sports activities to come up with calories burned. So between when you checked it and when you completed your workout you burned 700 calories just being alive. This is exactly what it and all other activity trackers are designed to do. In my experience it is generally pretty accurate (or as accurate as BMR based calculations can be as they are based on averages).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.