loss of gps on the tomtom XL device — TomTom Community

loss of gps on the tomtom XL device

caneandablecaneandable Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
turned my tomtom xl on thursday 22/3/2018 but couldnt get any gps signal still trying done updates etc regarding gps problems but still no joy why is this.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    Device could be considered End of Life by Tomtom. See here:
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/serial-numbers-uk-devices-names-1014468

That might be the reason for no gpsfix file being offered. Make sure the battery is fully charged.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
  • caneandablecaneandable Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have tried all the revellant problem solving that tomtom recommend but nothing works done all updates gps fixing etc but nothing works. As i have said in my last post i have got a 2006-2009 XL this is the one i have done all the updates but i have also got a 2003-2006 one XL but it does exactly the same as the newer model i switch it on and it displays the message waiting for a valid GPS signal both display the same message what are the odds of this happening. Also why is it that tom tom cannot be contacted all they want to do is sell me a newer model only used my XL a month ago and had no problems till now they seem to leave all the leg work to the forum my responce to tom tom is your company is an utter disgrace and i will never buy a tomtom again unless you were to say to me you would sort out this big problem for free but i am not holding my breath i would like to hear from the forums responce .yours caneandable
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,345
    Superusers
    If you call support, do NOT provide a model when prompted in order for a live agent to respond:

:flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.