MyDrive Connect Screen is just blank? — TomTom Community

MyDrive Connect Screen is just blank?

dmcheckdmcheck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 31 in MyDrive Connect
I connect my TomTom Go 600 to my Win 10 computer, I get the "Connected to your computer" msg on my device. The "MyDrive Connect" comes up and there is nothing.
What's going on?

I uninstalled "MyDrive Connect"
Rebooted my PC
Downloaded a version of "MyDrive Connect"
Re-plugged in my device
My device displays "Connected to your computer"
"MyDrive Connect" screen comes up on the monitor and it is just a white blank screen
Oh and I turned my firewall off as well

Any suggestions?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,209 Superusers
    Are you installing MyDriveConnect BEFORE connecting your device to the computer? If not, try it.
  • dmcheckdmcheck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I did.
    I shut down my device and removed it from the USB plug.
    Then uninstalled MyDriveConnect, Cleaed the registry and then rebooted my PC.
    Then installed MyDriveConnect.
    Attached my device to the USB.
    My device booted and displayed "Connected to your computer"
    MyDriveConnect came up and displayed a blank screen.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,209 Superusers
    Seek support help then:

:flag_us: United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,367 Superuser
    Hi @dmcheck

For the white or empty MDC window try this:

- Close the MDC window
    - Quit MDC by right click on the icon in the Windows notification area
    - Go to the hidden folder
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\Updates
    or
    Using keyboard shortcuts, you paste the following text without spaces:
    %localappdata%
    Folder ==> TomTom\HOME3\Updates
    Double left click on the shortcut file V2 MyDrive Connect

A YES / NO popup window on the display appears
    - If YES restart the PC to validate your choice.
    - If NO the restart of MDC is requested.
    New question on the display, if it's always "NO" the download of the downgrade version is proposed, validate. Wait for the download time, the MDC window closes automatically and the installation of version 4.1.8.3408 start.

If nothing works, you can download the downgrade version here directly from the official TomTom servers:
    http://cdn.sa.services.tomtom.com/static/sa/versions/InstallMyDriveConnect_downgrade.exe

I hope this will help you.
    Oops ! I forgot something.

The keyboard shortcut is Windows logo + R

Sorry.
  • dmcheckdmcheck Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you all for your help!
  • phillockphillock Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    dmcheck FWIW I suffered similar problems on my win10 machine. Tried uninstalling, re-installing etc., deduced that it was my graphics driver but I am reluctant to alter that as I need to maintain certain parameters for other software. Tried installing on a win10 laptop and had some success. The update that was causing all the issues was V4.2.0.3437. On the laptop the win10 OS allowed MDC to backout to an earlier version - it suggested that I do this. I allowed this to occur and it loaded V4.1.8.3408 which works except one needs to shut it down via X button on the window. I saw this thread this morning and have now taken the download and my Large win10 machine is working with MDC but again to shut it down I need to hit the kill window button.
    All in all, I would suggest that TomTom look a little more closely at forcing software upgrades. Even though I stipulated no upgrades the software from V4.1.7.3376 was over-ridden by MDC.
    PS On the blank screen (white header line that becomes a blank screen when collapsed) There was no offer from my large win10 machine to backout to an earlier version. This could be because the win10 versions are slightly different. The laptop is running win10 pro whereas the large win10 machine is running win10 home premium.
    @phillock
    phillock wrote:
    On the laptop the win10 OS allowed MDC to backout to an earlier version - it suggested that I do this. I allowed this to occur and it loaded V4.1.8.3408 which works except one needs to shut it down via X button on the window.
    Did you restart your computer with the Windows button after the update and your choice?

5748c5a5-614a-4eef-be5e-de923f0e0944.png
    Not Shut down or sleep but restart.
    It didn't get to that stage. During the process of the executable it jumped to the request.
    c'est non problem. My french will be very ruff but between my wife and I we should be able to comprendre.
  • gxhevgxhev Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I solved my wife's GPS issues by simply changing the graphic settings from open GLDesktop to Open GL Software. There were three choices. Only the Open GL Software choice allowed the screen to display correctly. Running Window 7 64-bit on an old Toshiba laptop.l
    Hi @gxhev

Thanks for your feedback. :slight_smile:

My post is 3 months old, it's obsolete and should not be used anymore. The new version of MyDrive Connect 4.2.1.3495 includes a troubleshooting procedure, the one you used.

The TomTom FAQ:
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25716

Regards.