Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 68 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• DMeister74DMeister74 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    fionad wrote:
    Pairing with the runner 3 issue still unresolved????
    1.7.64 supposed to fix this.. I just updated my Android today from version 6 (Mashmallow) to version 7 (Nougat) with a new phone and was exciting HOPING I'd now be able to connect me Runner 3...... But sadly the joke is STILL on me whilst I paid good money for something to not work as described on the box. Can we PLEASE get a version where the watch will connect to android?.... it's not in "a few cases".... it's in THOUSANDS of cases.9cf93955-e6c0-4684-a6bd-2465e40f0959.jpg
  • pedromsouzapedromsouza Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user]

I upgraded to 1.7.64. It pairs OK, but syncing won't complete. Please help me downgrade to the old bluetooth stack.

Regards,

Pedro.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    HI All,

We only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch after trying a factory reset. Also, 1.3.255 has the old Bluetooth stack which won't be updated for upcoming firmware versions and once we have a fix for the battery issue, we'll move everyone back to the regular server.

If you have got the version 1.7.64 installed, please make sure to remove the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone before pairing. See the Public FAQ here: Android/iOS

@ggddvv Can you please try a factory reset on your watch and let us know if it helps?

Cheers,
    lampard
  • pjgollspjgolls Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard,

Could you please make 1.3.255 available to me for a roll back. I think it's worth a try to solve my pairing issues.

Cheers,
    pjgolls
  • WearyWeary Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    So, if I understand correctly, I now have a completely useless piece of hardware, thanks to an "up"grade that I didn't want or choose? That can't be it surely? There must be a way of reloading a previous working version? Or did the recent upgrade trash the watch completely? I am still hopeful but getting more than a little frustrated here. Thanks.
  • northerndaznortherndaz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

Please can you downgrade me to 1.3.255? The factory reset hasn't sorted my battery life issues.

Cheers!
  • TeebobeeboTeebobeebo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @lampard. I've charged my watch through the Sports Connect app a number of times over the last few days but still haven't been able to roll back the software to 1.3.255. Am I missing something?

Thanks
  • py123py123 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there,
    Please help me to downgrade to 1.3.255 as I am still having issues to sync with my phone.
    Thanks! :)
  • Irma_BlomIrma_Blom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Jürgen.

I am also experiencing the battery drain issue related to the later version of the firmware. Can you please help me to roll back to version 1.3.255 of the Runner 3 firmware? Please let me know what steps I need to follow (I already tried the factory re-set but as with most others this did not solve the problem).

Many thanks,
    Irma Blom
  • Andy RAndy R Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    TomTom Support Team
    The whole situation is completely unacceptable. This battery drain issue exists for more than half a year now, and you still don't have it under control.
    I work in the Software Business myself, therefore I know that it's a complicated environment. It may (but should not) happen to me too, releasing a buggy Software Version. But then, my customers expect a fix within a few days max! Otherwise I get into deep troubles.
    So I wonder what kind of game you guys are playing here with your customers.
    Speaking about me, I completely lost my faith in TomTom products. I will never buy one anymore, and will also not recommend to do so to my friends. There are enough of good alternatives these days.
    Regards; a very disappointed ex-customer
  • Alberto MariaAlberto Maria Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Good Sunday afternoon to all!
    I am Alberto from Italy and I would like to downgrade my TT Spark 2 and 3 to 1.3.255 firmware version released on January 2017. Is it possible @lampard [user=93]Jürgen[/user] @Ekman @VikramK?
    Thanks in advice

The factory reset hasn't fix my battery life issues. Please let me know what steps I need to follow.
  • TomasKasseTomasKasse Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    [h3]I was advised to move the post here:[/h3]
    [h3]Please downgrade firmware in my watch (HRxxxxYxxxxx) to firmware 1.7.53. After update one version up reading for external HRM was inaccurate. After update to latest version my watch doesn't even recognize external HRM.[/h3]
    Already tried factory reset. iPhone recognize HRM without any issues.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
  • Richard FosterRichard Foster Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Good morning, I also suffer with poor battery life on my Spark Music / Cardio watch. I don't listen to music or use the heart sensor (all sensors turned off) and the watch will die after 48 hours when not in use. My wife has an identical watch on the same software without any problem so I can only assume the issue is actually battery related on my watch. Can you offer any advise please? Serial number HNxxxxGxxxxx. Thank you, Richard.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
    Hi All,

As I mentioned in my earlier response, we only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch(after factory reset).

@northerndaz @Irma_Blom @Pedrux @Richard Foster I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software. Let me know!

@Teebobeebo Please make a factory reset on your watch and the 1.3.255 update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Regards, lampard
  • Richard FosterRichard Foster Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Thank you Lampard, I have factory reset to 1.3.255. Hopefully this will fix my issue. Thank you for your help.
  • Irma_BlomIrma_Blom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks very much. Reset done and now on version 1.3.255 - let's see ! ;-)
  • northerndaznortherndaz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks @lampard, reset done and 1.3.255 on. Will give it a whirl :grinning:
  • TomasKasseTomasKasse Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    In that case please roll back my watch to 1.3.255 because HR monitoring is a key feature for me. Thank you.
  • TeebobeeboTeebobeebo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks @lampard, reset done and 1.3.255 uploaded. Great to have my 'old' watch back!
  • Palm1978Palm1978 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    can you do a rollback for me to? Also having problems connecting my phone with my watch for 2 days, can I resetting the watch directly on the watch without the cable?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    Palm1978 wrote:
    can you do a rollback for me to? Also having problems connecting my phone with my watch for 2 days, can I resetting the watch directly on the watch without the cable?
    You can only factory reset the watch using a computer, it cannot be done with a phone.
  • kjh71kjh71 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    can i have my watch put back as well please. New update has not resolved my battery issue.
  • mrnmrn Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard please, please can you urgently help me also with a rollback to 1.3.255? I have a 56km race coming up on Saturday and have been struggling with battery power for over 6 months. A rollback looks like the best resolution at this time.

Thanks a lot!
  • pjgollspjgolls Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    Hi All,

As I mentioned in my earlier response, we only have the software version 1.3.255 available now for the rollback in case there is a battery issue with the watch(after factory reset).

@northerndaz @Irma_Blom @Pedrux @Richard Foster I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software. Let me know!

@Teebobeebo Please make a factory reset on your watch and the 1.3.255 update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Regards, lampard

@lampard

Does this mean I can't try a rollback to try to fix a pairing issue with the latest software?

Cheers
    @kjh71 @mrn Please make a factory reset on your watch and the 1.3.255 update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

Cheers,
    lampard
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0