tom tom start- Battery not holding charge — TomTom Community

tom tom start- Battery not holding charge

derekj1563derekj1563 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have an old TOMTOM START 1ex00 and the battery is no longer holding a charge, is one still available and if so at what cost.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,312
    Superusers
    Please identify the correct model using the link below:

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB
  • derekj1563derekj1563 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    MODEL NO ON REAR OF UNIT IS 1ex00 PART NO 4EX0.001.01, THATS ALL I CAN GET FROM IT OTHER THAN ITS AROUND 8 YEARS OLD AND THERE IS A BARCODE ON THE REAR IF THAT HELPS. IT HAS THIS AS WELL 5V--- 1.2 AMP CANADA N14644 BAR CODE IS XC6250K09364. THERE IS NO TOMTOM START 25/40 OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT WHEN POWERED UP IN CAR AND NOTHING IN SETTINGSTO GIVE ME MODEL NO ETC.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,312
    Superusers
    Yeah, it's the XC that is the start of the serial number.

Your device is a TomTom Start with 1GB memory and it updates through TomTom HOME.

Your device is considered End of Life by Tomtom (no maps or other updates). Are you sure you even want to go to the bother of trying to change the battery?

[video]
  • derekj1563derekj1563 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    As a spare its worth it as i have a newish GO600 and new Rider 400, its fine for work but why end of life if it works then why cant it update the map side of things and take away other features to allow the map updates. Or if it is end of life why dont they have a trade in scheme where they still keep you on a TOMTOM and not piss you off and end up loosing a customer to G____n or any of the other ones on the market. The battery looks nothing like the one in the video as in the labelling is missing and i had it new.
    Thanks for the info will look into it and think about another make. Gar--n still do batteries and spare for up to 10 years so maybe converted.