Downloading My Places when planning a trip in a FOREIGN COUNTRY not working — TomTom Community

Downloading My Places when planning a trip in a FOREIGN COUNTRY not working

LSWRArtLSWRArt Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
I have a XL LIVE IQ Routes. I live in England and I am planning a trip to Canada and USA. I can find the places I want on my TomTom MyDrive on my computer and save them on the computer as "My Places", but nothing appears on the TomTom when I hit the "Send to Device" button, even if I change the map to USA/Canada.
I know the map has changed OK as the English places now say "Not on Current map".
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Art

Comments

• NiallNiall Posts: 10,821
    Superuser
    @LSWRArt

Sorry to say but MyDrive is incompatible with your older NAV2 device
  • LSWRArtLSWRArt Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi Nill,
    I have done these transfers in the past, so does that mean that TomTom has now updated MyDrive so that it no longer works with my device, despite the fact that it has Lifetime Maps.
    If that is the case then it is really shxxx service from TomTom.
    Art
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,719
    Superusers
    Hi
    @LSWRArt
    Sorry but the MyDrive Connect and the MyDriveWeb Route planner are definitely incompatible XL LIVE IQ Routes

Maybe you used the Route Planner in Tomtom Home... Tomtom Home IS compatible XL LIVE IQ Routes

ATB YFM
    But if you load and open TomTom Home, which I have just done to make sure I had the latest version, then that connects to the XL Live and does updates. There is then a link on TomTom Home which is 'The Smartest Route Planner' and that opens TomTom My Drive. I have used it in the past and downloaded dozens of places. The interface looks exactly the same as I previously used, but the download a MyPlace to the device no longer works. I can only presume that TomTom have deliberately disabled this to try to make me buy a new device.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,719
    Superusers
    Hi
    @LSWRArt
    Many of the early NAV2 devices have been declared EOF end of life....

See...https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/news-and-announcements-37/end-of-life-for-tomtom-devices-with-2gb-internal-memory-1031975

In the EOL process the latest update to Tomtom Home disables some of its features
    I'm not a user of Tomtom Home
    I'm not sure which features were disabled

See User dhn workaround for TomtomHome....
    if you have the installed latest version of Tomtom Home (Disabled features)
    To 'trick' Home into getting a version of Home that still works with the emulator, see the steps below:

1) Uninstall TomTom Home
    2) Download last "good" version fromhttp://download.tomtom.com/sweet/application/releases/v2_9_91_411_win.exe
    3) Install it without running ie, uncheck the 'Run Home' tick box when installation completes
    4) Using Windows Explorer, navigate to
    C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME 2\xul (32 bit Windows)
    or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\xul (64 bit Windows)
    and find application.ini file
    5) Edit application.ini file (you might need admin privileges) and modify "Version=2.9.91.411" to "Version=2.9.94.450"
    6) Run TomTom Home. It will believe to be running latest version 2.9.94.450 and therefore not force the update.

ATB YFM
    YFM - many thanks for that info. I will work through this and at least know that I have tried everything possible.
    Thanks again for your help,
    Art