MapShare Reporter v3.0 releasing soon - Page 2 — TomTom Community

MapShare Reporter v3.0 releasing soon

Comments

• DCJunior06DCJunior06 Posts: 65 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I have been a tomtom customer for over 10 years. Everything she advertises takes a long time to happen.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi everyone,

The new MapShare v3.0 was LIVE two weeks ago, but some components were not functioning as expected after clearing the testing phase.

So we had to roll back to the older version.

Sorry for the delay but believe me that we are as eager as everyone here to get the new MapShare website up and running.. :)

Regards
    Vikram
  • sir_clasir_cla Posts: 38 [Outstanding Explorer]
    It is unthinkable that this Map Share will work so badly.
    And the lack of consideration that TomTom has towards its most loyal customers is absurd!

How is it possible that there are "pending" reports for 5 months?
    How can a point of interest not be updated after 1 year?
    How is it possible that I do the same route every day, always using the tomtom, and that I have signaled that a turning point is not allowed because a road does not exist (there is a bridge!) ... and again, after a year ... the error has not been updated ??
    How is it possible that I lose a lot of time on MapShare and wait 3-4 months before it is considered?
    How is it possible that if I know that there is a roadblock, cause market, and this block is accepted after the day I had set as a block?

So ... these are just examples. I do not want to use Waze ... but so tomtom forces me to do it!
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,139 Superusers
    And sometimes Tomtom refuse some change that i am sure they are true, unbelievable
  • Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
    Why do you waste your time with updating the map share reporter?
    Do you care about, what customers want?
    The one press marking (while driving, just like the reporting speed camera button), reporting and live correction function of map errors on the Go live 1015 was brilliant.
    Why don't you put this option to the current devices and the Go mobile app?
    Especially for speed limits the MSR is nonsense, because at home you don't remember the exact position of the beginning and end of the limit.
    The actual software doesn't even have a marking the current position button.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 141 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Okay, something has failed, but...

What's the ETA of relaunching it?
    WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR RESEARCH BY TOMTOM !!
    moreover, very serious thing in my opinion is the lack of attention to the most loyal users. Reporting users who spend a lot of time on MapShare should be considered. If a user reports many problems, and maybe some are verified, then maybe they should believe on the word and immediately update the maps.
    It is not possible that I made 53 reports, and only 3 were "resolved". 33 instead have been "accepted", but still have not been included in the map ... even if some date back to November 2017 !!!
    Lastly ... the road closures! If I mark a closure, you can not wait 2 months to insert it! The road will be reopened safely ... maybe it would be enough to check Google Maps to find out if it's true ... or Waze ....

I'm sorry, I want to use TomTom ... but we are not ... let us help you!
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    I, also, have a "Pending Report" going back to Nov'17! This would appear to now be the "norm" for the way TomTom treats Customer's help!!
  • londonengineerlondonengineer Posts: 4 [New Traveler]
    lol so will this fix the ridiculous problem of the amazing tomtom sending everyone through bank junction in London......what a joke
    sir_cla wrote:
    And the lack of consideration that TomTom has towards its most loyal customers is absurd!

How is it possible that I do the same route every day, always using the tomtom, and that I have signaled that a turning point is not allowed because a road does not exist (there is a bridge!) ... and again, after a year ... the error has not been updated ??
    How is it possible that I lose a lot of time on MapShare and wait 3-4 months before it is considered?
    How is it possible that if I know that there is a roadblock, cause market, and this block is accepted after the day I had set as a block?

So ... these are just examples. I do not want to use Waze ... but so tomtom forces me to do it!
    sir_cla wrote:

So ... these are just examples. I do not want to use Waze ... but so tomtom forces me to do it!i
    I now use waze in the city .. because of the above and bank junction ... tomtom is err well $%^&
    Some of the changes I have proposed are rejected while I am sure and certain that they are valid. Incomprehensible! At the limit, I want to go on the spot with a cartographer from Tomtom to show him that I'm right!
  • John-JayJohn-Jay Posts: 640 [Supreme Pioneer]
    miketorcy wrote:
    Some of the changes I have proposed are rejected while I am sure and certain that they are valid. Incomprehensible! At the limit, I want to go on the spot with a cartographer from Tomtom to show him that I'm right!
    I get the impression that TomTom gives a lot of credibility to the inclusion of GPS-Tagged Photos (as evidence of the change/update)!

Sorry, but when you are driving along on a very busy road, how can you possibly stop to take "piccies"?
    For exemple:

This one:

48,80633, 2,61751ID29f37306-25c9-4c00-b362-44ad3eaa4220

b56d15d2-1821-4e55-bb50-b70ded22161d.png

It is for a tunnel forbidden to bicycle. It was rejected!

Now, let see google street view:

https://www.google.fr/maps/@48.8078935,2.6195873,3a,15y,228.63h,92.71t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s0nydUNN2xfM4YmDcnBNnYA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

eb540197-020f-4678-8a11-24718a60c71b.png

Do you see the indicator "forbidden to bicycle" ? 9dcb3378-c59e-471e-b562-7e8545bf8be8.png

And i have some others, too long to show them here!
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 363 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    @miketorcy I guess your report is rejected because it isn't influencing motorised traffic at all; it is only related to cyclists. As far as I know MapShare is intended only to make reports affecting motorised traffic (cars, trucks, etc.). So reports that are only valid for cyclists will be rejected.

I frequently report (temporary) road closures for motorised traffic and normally they are accepted and implemented soon, as you can see in the list below.f7c08644-214f-4fc0-b1b3-685f1c866f7c.png
    An other example:

ab25edf9-b594-49f1-8a00-3a5c46d15d65.png022127c8-9d3f-4b1c-9fa7-355a04971dcf.png

There is no matter of bicycle, it is just a road closed at some hours.
    e94eac74-837e-43ee-b47d-befb4b1e5efe.pngI also have an example:

come see, I have many requests accepted, but never considered in the maps.

08065700-15c1-4716-9693-5a5b895dfd80.png

Serious, very serious, the example of via Savio. A road that does not exist, because it is under the main road. So there is no crossing. But Tomtom, after 3 months, has not changed the map yet! It's an important information, it's an intersection that does not exist! and I can not stop to take pictures!ebb82f9f-5da1-4daa-b4f4-35ed10ded4b9.pngb303dc2b-b338-47d8-8762-4561a9618ead.png
    VikramK wrote:
    Hello all:smiley:

We will be releasing a new version of MapShare reporter which will start showing fresh maps with a new look and feel.

The map data will be aligned with our weekly release and will have a freshness of one week instead of 4 months. It means the map data gets updated on a weekly basis.

Regards
    Vikram:relaxed:
    Ok...when will it happen?
  • jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Hi @VikramK , any news when MapShare reporter v3 is getting released?
    The bitterest truth is better than the sweetest lie.

Just tell us the truth : )
  • jak68jak68 Posts: 77 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    IGI wrote:
    The bitterest truth is better than the sweetest lie.

Just tell us the truth : )
    Any kind of reply whether it be truth or lie would be good:rage:
    I guess we won't see MSR 3.0 anytime soon :smirk:
    For me, it is not the most important: a new Nav4 navcore with a real management of the POI like for the Nav3 is more urgent.
    I think getting the MSR platform right is the most urgent, as you probably need the most up-to-date roads always on all devices, for all purposes.

POI management on some devices is not a core service and is probably made by a different team anyway ; )