GO Mobile app v. TT standalone — TomTom Community

GO Mobile app v. TT standalone

Ainsley001Ainsley001 Posts: 35 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Given how awful the app STILL is with lag etc, does any have any experience of the current crop of TT standalone devices? Do they suffer from the same issues?

Although I hate to say it, I'm seriously thinking about getting one as the app is just so bad and the pace of change is SO slow. I use Satnav for work everyday and I just cant have it not work well. Traffic and speed cameras an absolute essential.

I've tried every iOS app going and they ALL have problems - the only (pretty much) perfect one was the old TT app, of course, which makes this whole problem even more annoying.

Comments

• PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 326 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Ainsley001 wrote:
    Given how awful the app STILL is with lag etc, does any have any experience of the current crop of TT standalone devices? Do they suffer from the same issues?
    Don't know. I got so upset with the TomTom GO Mobile iOS app that I bought a standalone device (i.e. a PND) but from Garmin as I wouldn't buy another TomTom PND until all of the problem with TomTom GO Mobile iOS app have been sorted, plus I need custom POI support for all of my own POIs.
    Although I hate to say it, I'm seriously thinking about getting one as the app is just so bad and the pace of change is SO slow. I use Satnav for work everyday and I just cant have it not work well. Traffic and speed cameras an absolute essential.
    Agree about the Traffic, also TomTom routing isn't generally too bad.

Disagree about the TomTom speed cameras as they are poor and don't show the mobile sites which generally are more dangerous than static ones. I use a third party system which is much better.
    I've tried every iOS app going and they ALL have problems - the only (pretty much) perfect one was the old TT app, of course, which makes this whole problem even more annoying.
    So true, either bring back the legacy app or just make TomTom GO Mobile iOS app better and very soon! The annoying thing is that both apps were developed under the TomTom name so if TomTom can do it once they should be able to create a decent app again!

Regards,