Where is the Voice Coach? — TomTom Community

Where is the Voice Coach?

poveirinhopoveirinho Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hello,

I'm new here, just bought my first TomTom watch, the Adventurer, and for me the most important of all, the Voice Coach. Where is it? It only says the watch is ready to start and that's it? I would expect that it would give me a summary after every km or minute of running with the distance, heart rate, time, speed or average speed etc. So I don't have to look to the watch and press buttons. Specially in the dark it is not very easy while running. I bought the watch thinking that Voice Coach was more than a word or two.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,851
    Superusers
    Unfortunately you are expecting too much. Voice coaching is only available in specific training modes, not in general across the watch. You will get the following prompts:

General prompts:
    Watch ready, Demo mode, Bluetooth not working when swimming.

Training Partner prompts:
    Zone: in zone, above zone, below zone.
    Goal: at 50%, 90% 100% and 110% of goal.
    Race: ahead, behind, lost, won.

So unless you are in Zone, Goal or Race you will not get any prompts. In lap mode it will buzz to inform you of a completed lap and show the lap time on the watch but there are no audio prompts for it.

I would not expect any changes now that TomTom has left the wearables market altogether and is not producing any more devices. This is something we are going to have to live with, I am afraid. I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over six months.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.