Tom Tom Go live 1000 - spinning wheel in traffic update sidebar

Can anybody tell me how to permanently disable live services

I have managed to turn it off in the "me and my device" section
and my device is now ok

Before that it simply kept turning on and off and acting erratically with a permanently spinning wheel in the traffic update sidebar.

It used to have a subscription to live services which has now expired

Useless as it was just kept turning on and off while driving - lost confidence now unless i can be sure the live update is permanently off

Comments

• STUCK102STUCK102 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. HELP PLEASE. The unit is 7 years old. Is it time for a replacement.
  • bp9bp9 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Sorted the issue completely - it seems it's a faulty inbuilt sim that is still trying to get traffic information - i had to ring tom tom but they sorted it while on the phone - works great now !

was on the verge of binning it too !
  • STUCK102STUCK102 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for that valuable information.
    I phoned Tom Tom as you suggested. They tried three times to repair my device over the phone with no success.

They concluded the device, because of its age (2010) was shot and completely beyond rescue or repair.
    They offered me a new replacement GO 6200 complete with accessories, with a great discount, plus a refund of the unused portion of my subscription.
    Offer accepted.

You know the saying "The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease"
    Thank you bp9 :grin:
  • bp9bp9 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    :grinning: - Good result glad to help - i think you did better than i did by the sound of it - well done Tom Tom