Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 67 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• HGBHGB Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @Teebobeebo Have you tried a factory reset on your watch?This fixes the battery issues in most cases. If it doesn't help, let me know and I'll put you back on the version 1.3.255

@HGB Can you please try a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect software & let us know if it fixes the issue after that?

@sutter @scanepa I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

@Quang The latest software 1.7.64 resolves an issue which in a few cases, could prevent the watch from pairing with a phone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). So I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android

Cheers, lampard
    Hi lampard
    I had already tried this several time, and did not work but what did find is the iPhone was still linked to my watch after this factory reset which seemed to lock out the watch.
    once I had cleared this ( forget this Bluetooth device) then all worked ok. Thank you for advice
  • nromeinnromein Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    nromein wrote:
    Hi,

I've updated my Spark this week, but now my Spark is being unresponsive or extremely lagging when pressing the jogs. I'm not sure it's related to the upgrade, but that would be my wild guess. I did a factory reset, but that doesn't change the result of being unresponsive or lagging.

Can i go back to an older version of the firmware?
    [h3]@lampard Please roll me back to 1.3.255[/h3]
  • TeebobeeboTeebobeebo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    [h3]Hi [url=http:///members/lampard-325140]@lampard[/url] I have performed a factory reset. Battery is still less than half it was before. Please roll me back to 1.3.255[/h3]
  • pedromsouzapedromsouza Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Please help me downgrade. Bluetooth syncing not working in 1.7.64. It pairs, but doesnt sync.
  • tom.lungutom.lungu Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @lampard

Hi man

May you please roll me back to 1.3.255.
    I was on 1.7.64 which fixed connectivity issues but not the battery problem which is more important for me. My brother uses a similar watch on 1.3.255 and it works perfectly
    Please please roll me back.
    Thanks in advance
  • ja1027ja1027 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    So has anyone had any problem with the battery after a night sleep. My watch is dying after a night of sleeping even at full charge. Does anyone had this problem or know how to solve it.
  • WearyWeary Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user] A factory reset has helped somewhat. The watch now displays the empty battery icon 15 seconds after being unplugged but it does retain enough battery to at least display the time for 12 hours. However, it doesn't think it has enough power to start the gps. The watch was perfectly fine before the recent updates. I don't understand how it can now be deemed to be defective. Can't it just be rolled back to a version where it worked? Thanks.
  • SthrooSthroo Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Can I get a rollback as well please? Updated to the latest 1.7.64 but still issues to pair (can't fill in the number provided by the watch) with my Xiaomi redmi note 4 snapdragon. Tried multiple (hard) resets. it connects seamlessly to my old oneplus one (running oreo even!) but no go on my Xiaomi with latest miui from Xiaomi.eu (android 7), or on latest lineageos (15.1, Android 8.1)
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    @nromein @Teebobeebo I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software. Let me know!

@tom.lungu Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

For all who are facing issues with pairing the watch with their smartphone, Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Let us know the outcome!
  • SthrooSthroo Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    lampard wrote:
    @nromein @Teebobeebo I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software. Let me know!

@tom.lungu Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

For all who are facing issues with pairing the watch with their smartphone, Please follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

Let us know the outcome!
    @lampard What about me? :)
  • rruthlessrruthless Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard
    Could you please roll me back to 1.7.53 ? I have the worst battery life since the latest update (1.7.64), which doesn't even seem to last a whole day (with bluetooth, heartrate turned off).
    Product is : Runner 2 Cardio Music GPS
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    @Sthroo I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software.

@rruthless We always advise to try the factory reset in case of battery issues. Once you perform a reset, the version 1.7.64 will be offered. This fixes the issues in most cases. If it doesn't help, let me know and I'll put you back on the version 1.3.255

@Nix13 Please update your watch to the latest version 1.7.64 and give it a test run again!

Cheers, lampard
    @lampard
    I have already done the factory reset, and already am at 1.7.64. It didn't do anything to help with the battery issue. So, it would be great if you roll me back to version 1.7.53 (not 1.3.255). Thanks :)
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    rruthless wrote:
    @lampard
    I have already done the factory reset, and already am at 1.7.64. It didn't do anything to help with the battery issue. So, it would be great if you roll me back to version 1.7.53 (not 1.3.255). Thanks :)
    It was not intended to help with the battery issue, but you need to go back to 1.3.255 for the last update without the battery issue, it was in 1.7.53.
    @tfarabaugh
    I didn't have any battery issues whatsoever until I updated to 1.7.64. In theory, shouldn't any of the prior versions fix the issue introduced in 1.7.64? 1.7.53 was working perfectly for me. That's why I want to rollback to that version, and if that doesn't fix the battery, then 1.3.255 will be the only option.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,708
    Community Manager
    rruthless wrote:
    @tfarabaugh
    I didn't have any battery issues whatsoever until I updated to 1.7.64. In theory, shouldn't any of the prior versions fix the issue introduced in 1.7.64? 1.7.53 was working perfectly for me. That's why I want to rollback to that version, and if that doesn't fix the battery, then 1.3.255 will be the only option.
    Probably something when wrong updating the software. You should try a factory reset first.
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user]
    I have already performed a factory reset twice since the last week, and have had no improvement.
    Community Manager
    rruthless wrote:
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user]
    I have already performed a factory reset twice since the last week, and have had no improvement.
    As tfarabaugh explained, if it's bug related then we need to downgrade you to 1.3.255. That the last release before 1.6.26 which introduced the bug.
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user]
    Ah, I didn't catch that. That's fine by me.
    Community Manager
    rruthless wrote:
    [user=93]Jürgen[/user]
    Ah, I didn't catch that. That's fine by me.
    Another factory reset will now install 1.3.255.
  • fionadfionad Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Pairing with the runner 3 issue still unresolved????
  • ggddvvggddvv Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lampard / [user=93]Jürgen[/user]
    Can you downgrade to 1.3.255 for my watch please?

The watch works pretty much fine, except when I enable HR tracking: then it shows empty battery in an hour or so even when still fully charged.

Thanks
  • InvernoInverno Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    lampard wrote:
    @rruthless We always advise to try the factory reset in case of battery issues. Once you perform a reset, the version 1.7.64 will be offered. This fixes the issues in most cases. If it doesn't help, let me know and I'll put you back on the version 1.3.255

Hi @Lampard, I've tried on my spark 3 (with battery issue) the 1.7.64 like You recommended, but unfortunately without improvements on battery side. Understood that at the moment, the only alternative is rolling back but I like a lot the training exercises: is there a firmware version that doesn't force me to give back those great option? Obviously I'm not interested in notifications.

Thank you very much for the attention.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    Inverno wrote:
    lampard wrote:
    Hi Lampard, I've tried on my spark 3 (with battery issue) the 1.7.64 like You recommended, but unfortunately without improvements on battery side. Understood that at the moment, the only alternative is rolling back but I like a lot the training exercises: is there a firmware version that doesn't force me to give back those great option? Obviously I'm not interested in notifications.

There is no option to get the custom workouts without the battery issues. They were introduced in the same update. You need to choose one or the other.
  • InvernoInverno Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    Inverno wrote:
    lampard wrote:
    Hi Lampard, I've tried on my spark 3 (with battery issue) the 1.7.64 like You recommended, but unfortunately without improvements on battery side. Understood that at the moment, the only alternative is rolling back but I like a lot the training exercises: is there a firmware version that doesn't force me to give back those great option? Obviously I'm not interested in notifications.

There is no option to get the custom workouts without the battery issues. They were introduced in the same update. You need to choose one or the other.

Hi! What a pity! I'll think about it and let You know. Nothing on the horizon about new corrective firmwares? Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0