Why do most of the public SatNav forums already know since 6-Mar.... — TomTom Community

Why do most of the public SatNav forums already know since 6-Mar....

....about a new TTHome release Version=2.10.4.150 but STILL nothing announced on this OFFICIAL forum supposedly run by and moderated by TT staff?
I know they're trying to kill off/end-the-life-of as many NAV2 devices (which ALL use TTHome) as they can think of excuses to do (incl any device with >2Gb being EoL although there are still well over 100+ maps under 2Gb anyway) but not even bothering to mention this is yet another slur against long term NAV2 device owners!:skull:

Comments

• justmebrowsingjustmebrowsing Posts: 389 [Supreme Pioneer]
    And STILL no announcement. You really are making more enemies than friends by burying your head in the sand or, at least, just ignoring SERIOUS AND RELEVANT QUESTIONS TomTom!
    I know & appreciate that forums are usually used to let off steam & have a general moan but how much longer can you survive under the constant barrage of complaints? If I was a shareholder I'd have bailed out well before now.
    You stopped supporting "wearables", you've stopped supporting damned good and reliable NAV2 & even some NAV3 devices "because they have under 2Gb memory", notwithstanding the FACT that many of these are quite capable of, and were designed to run SD and/or MicroSD cards AND the fact that literally hundreds of your current maps are way under 2Gb anyway; and your latest wave of software is apparently doing more harm than good deleting maps etc!:frowning2:
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,821
    Superuser
    @justmebrowsing

Have you read https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/home

[h3]
    VERSION 2.10.4.150 FOR WINDOWS[/h3]Released on 6 March 2018
    • If you own a Uconnect device (serial numbers starting with "TP" only), you can now purchase a Europe bundle that includes the map, safety cameras and FCA Group POIs.
    [h3]VERSION 2.10.4.100 FOR MAC OS X[/h3]Released on 6 March 2018
    • If you own a Uconnect device (serial numbers starting with "TP" only), you can now purchase a Europe bundle that includes the map, safety cameras and FCA Group POIs.
    Thanks Niall but this is not mentioned on this forum which I'm sure is where people would expect to read new News under News and Announcements?
    I would have assumed people may go to the Support website if they're looking for particular support, not to see if anything's changed that they weren't aware of.
    Superuser
    @justmebrowsing

I suspect that as that update is for a very limited number of devices they did not make a general statement
    Niall wrote:
    @justmebrowsing

I suspect that as that update is for a very limited number of devices they did not make a general statement
    Oh, come on Niall, you (and certainly TT), can hardly catorgorise ALL NAV2's as "very limited number of devices" albeit that many are deemed to be End-Of-Life; many hundreds or even thousands are still supported either because they have 2Gb or more memory or live map subscriptions
    Superuser
    @justmebrowsing

It was only for the Uconnect device (serial numbers starting with "TP" only)
    Niall wrote:
    @justmebrowsing

It was only for the Uconnect device (serial numbers starting with "TP" only)

....BUT it was yet another "critical" (AND compulsory) update to TTHome irrespective of what NAV2 device you have or haven't got (remembering that this forced update happens when you try to open TTHome even without a device connected or logged in anyway!)