How does MyDrive handle custom POIs?

PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 302 [Exalted Navigator]
edited January 31 in MyDrive Connect
Hi,

I have TomTom GO Mobile iOS v1.10 app so I have finally have MyDrive after a very long wait:relaxed:, however the iOS app version of MyDrive can only sync favourites and not custom POIs :rage:.

OK, I think that MyDrive won't show icons on the screens (map or navigation) please let me know if that's incorrect. I also have the following questions:
  1. I have several custom POI categories, each with 100 to 500 POIs, will the POIs be shown all together in one list, or does MyDrive show the categories and then you drill down to the POIs within that category?
  2. I update my POIs regularly. Do I just need to load a new category and that overwrites all within that category or do I need to do things on an individual POI level?
  3. What current TomTom products actually fully work with MyDrive for favourites, custom POIs, routes, etc?
Thanks,

Comments

• James in USAJames in USA Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Here are my 4 experiences, as I switched from a GO Live 740, then a VIA 1535, and now a Go 600.

1.Category is now called "My Places". Tom Tom no longer allows me to create Categories, however I can move "each" of my older Categories over to my Go 600. Once my categories are moved over, I can not edit them and I can not add any more POIs to them. I have found a work around, which I can do, only from my computer. Ultimately, I have to over write each category folder, on my Go 600, after I enter/modify it on my older device, then get it on to my computer (from my old device, as a OV2 file), finally, move the OV2 file over to my Go 600.
    Also, I can still assign an ICON to each of my transferred Categories, from the "menu" of my Go 600: Menu, Settings, Appearance, Show POI lists on map, show, etc..

2.Favorite is now called "My Places".
    On my older devices, I don't remember how many "favorites" I could accumulate, before my favorite "folder" couldn't accept anymore, but there was a limit. My Go 600 accepts many more and I don't know if it has a limit.

3.I can not turn off, only the voice of the "directional instructions", while leaving the safety warning "sounds" enabled. I used to have that option, on my older devices.

4.I can not select a location, which is stored on my Go 600 device, and look at its GPS (longitude and latitude) coordinates. I used to have that option, on my older devices.

In summary, Tom Tom has eliminated the separate Favorites and separate Category "folder" functions and has combined them in to one "My Places" alphabetical list. I can still have my individual categories, but they are "read only", until I get back to my computer. The above, step 1 is such a hassle that when I know I'm going to be driving to a new location, I take my older device with me and save my new location to my favorites, then to one of my categories, before I get to my computer and do an overwrite.
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 302 [Exalted Navigator]
    In summary, Tom Tom has eliminated the separate Favorites and separate Category "folder" functions and has combined them in to one "My Places" alphabetical list. I can still have my individual categories, but they are "read only", until I get back to my computer.

Hi James in USA,

Many thanks for your time in replying, I now know that MyDrive on most of TomTom's current products (except TomTom GO Mobile iOS) will now take the old .OV2 custom POIs category and store them individually. Which is a good thing I just hope that TomTom add custom POI support to MyDrive on TomTom GO Mobile iOS very soon!

Like you, I'm used to having to edit the POI categories on my computer and loading them to the legacy TomTom app.

Many thanks,