Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 66 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• suttersutter Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I have an issue with my watch. The watch was running out of battery and completely switched off as I missed to take the charger with me. After that I had an issue connecting the watch with my mobile. Therefore I decided to make a factory reset on the watch and as it wasn't working I also deleted the mobile app and removed the watch form the bluetooth settings. During the software 1.7.62 was installed on the watch.

Now I have the issue that I can't pair the watch with my mobile. I can start the process, see the watch in the app and click on it. Afterwards there is shortly (about one second) a 6 digit number presented on the watch and the watch directly jumps out of the pairing mode.

Any idea what I can do to pair the devices? Maybe the software version 1.7.64 will fix this (at least what the release notes suggests), but currently it isn't offered for me in the sports connect app. Is there anything special I need to do in order to be able to install it?

Cheers,
    Michael
    I also have the pairing issue with my Adventurer :(

@lampard would it be possible to link my account with the firmware 1.7.64?

Cheers,
    Michael
  • TeebobeeboTeebobeebo Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi there - could you please roll my Spark back to 1.3.255 - this was the most recent software where I had no battery issues. Thanks
  • QuangQuang Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard ,

Can you please be asked to roll back my Runner 3 back to previous firmware version? It is very annoy when I cannot pair my phone (Android 6.0) with new firmware version which is "1.7.64"

Thank you so much for helping to solve this "very long" problem.

RG,
  • Hi there, my watch no longer connects to my phone. i have uninstalled & reinstalled app. Not sure why it stopped working. any ideas?
  • scanepascanepa Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I have android 7.0 and spark 3 with 1.7.64, cannot connect after upgrading the watch.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    @Teebobeebo Have you tried a factory reset on your watch?This fixes the battery issues in most cases. If it doesn't help, let me know and I'll put you back on the version 1.3.255

@HGB Can you please try a factory reset on your watch using the Sports Connect software & let us know if it fixes the issue after that?

@sutter @scanepa I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

@Quang The latest software 1.7.64 resolves an issue which in a few cases, could prevent the watch from pairing with a phone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). So I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android

Cheers, lampard
    Thanks @lampard, I'll do at soon as possible.
    @lampard it worked.
  • ChristiaanChristiaan Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard ,

Can you also please be roll back my Runner 4 to previous firmware version? Since the latest update I’m not able to sync and factory reset did not help.

Thanks!
  • KriexiKriexi Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi @lampard, Thank you, but unfortunately I still cannot sync watch with phone and it's giving the same problem of pin appearing and then just disappearing.
  • nromeinnromein Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I've updated my Spark this week, but now my Spark is being unresponsive or extremely lagging when pressing the jogs. I'm not sure it's related to the upgrade, but that would be my wild guess. I did a factory reset, but that doesn't change the result of being unresponsive or lagging.

Can i go back to an older version of the firmware?
    it is working - thx a lot @lampard
  • gestevegesteve Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello,

I have a Huawei P8 Lite and my Runner 3 does not synch after a factory reset, which keeps the watch at 1.7.64. Could you please rollback my version to a previous working one?

Thanns in advance
  • cogs19cogs19 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    [h3]Roll me back to VERSION 1.7.53 please.[/h3]
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,994 Moderator
    Hi All,

Yesterday, we released the software v1.7.64 for the TomTom Spark, Spark 3, Runner 2, Runner 3 & Adventurer watch which resolves the pairing issues with the watch and the smartphone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). You can simply connect your watch to the computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

We're still investigating the battery issues and mostly, factory reset does the trick. If still no joy then just leave a comment here and we'll put you on the 1.3.255 software version as a workaround.

Cheers,
    lampard
    I can assure you 1.7.64 has NOT resolved the pairing issue. My phone and watch will not pair using this software.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    cogs19 wrote:
    I can assure you 1.7.64 has NOT resolved the pairing issue. My phone and watch will not pair using this software.
    Try a factory reset to clear out all the old pairing codes and then try it.
  • WearyWeary Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    @lampard I factory reset to version 1.3.255 and charged the watch overnight. This morning, I unplugged it and the empty battery icon appeared on the watch screen after 15 seconds. I really wanted to use the watch this weekend (the gps on my phone is a poor substitution). Do you have any other suggestions please? Battery life was well over 6 days last month and I could easily record a whole morning on the bike. Now I can't even get off the driveway! I appreciate your help.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,709
    Community Manager
    Weary wrote:
    @lampard I factory reset to version 1.3.255 and charged the watch overnight. This morning, I unplugged it and the empty battery icon appeared on the watch screen after 15 seconds. I really wanted to use the watch this weekend (the gps on my phone is a poor substitution). Do you have any other suggestions please? Battery life was well over 6 days last month and I could easily record a whole morning on the bike. Now I can't even get off the driveway! I appreciate your help.
    Try another factory reset. Hopefully that can fix it. If not then it is a defect.
  • DouglasFF84DouglasFF84 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    cogs19 wrote:

Here after update for 2 times to *.64, at second time was upload the activity. At four time that activity was not upload anymore. The connection backs to drop at 20%...
    :/
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    cogs19 wrote:
    Try a factory reset to clear out all the old pairing codes and then try it.

Already did this. Doesn’t work.
  • fionadfionad Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I would agree. Have done a factory reset, removed and re instated app, turned off and on Bluetooth and am still having the same pairing issues. You said contact customer support how do you do that?
  • HGBHGB Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi
    i have fixed this, I found that the iPhone was still linked by Bluetooth to the watch. Once i removed this (in phone, forget this device) then both the all worked ok
    thanks for help
    HGB wrote:
    Hi
    i have fixed this, I found that the iPhone was still linked by Bluetooth to the watch. Once i removed this (in phone, forget this device) then both the all worked ok
    thanks for help

Yep this worked for me. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0