HR coordinates on stats graph changing

Spikey58
Spikey58 Registered Users Posts: 6
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I've noticed that the HR coordinates have changed on my activity graph. Today they started at 40 and went up by 40 bpm increments. A few months back they started at 48 and went up by 48 bpm increments.
Can someone explain why this change?
Also, is there any significance to my pace and HR lines being close together?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,949
     Superuser
    The spacing on the graph is relative to the highest and lowest values. If there is a greater spread then the increments are higher to fit them in the same size graph. So if you went from 50-150 versus 25-200 they would be larger gaps as there is less data to fit in the same space.

The spacing of the pace and HR lines is irrelevant, they are measured on separate scales. The scale for the pace is on the left and the HR is on the right. Again, depending on the spread of the data they may be close together or far apart depending on the scale needed to show the full data.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Spikey58
    Spikey58 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks. I understand.
    I actually wish the coordinates wouldn't change, to make it easier to compare workouts.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    Spikey58 wrote:
    Thanks. I understand.
    I actually wish the coordinates wouldn't change, to make it easier to compare workouts.
    But then if you had a higher or lower HR it might not show up on the graph. Really is up to personal preference for how it displays.
  • robb8888
    robb8888 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    This may be super-basic, but I found the manual completely unintuitive and the iOS app even worse. Where did you even *find* a HR graph? I've paged all through the stupid iPhone app, and can't find a HR graph either. I want to track my HR through a work out. I'm not going to wear this watch all day, and don't want to track my HR all day. The only graph I could find on the iOS app was a completely unhelpful bar graph that tracked my "steps" (a silly measurement when one is lifting weights/circuit training) all day long, so I got a teeny little ribbon for the 90 minutes that I was working out which gave me next to no information.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    robb8888 wrote:
    This may be super-basic, but I found the manual completely unintuitive and the iOS app even worse. Where did you even *find* a HR graph? I've paged all through the stupid iPhone app, and can't find a HR graph either. I want to track my HR through a work out. I'm not going to wear this watch all day, and don't want to track my HR all day. The only graph I could find on the iOS app was a completely unhelpful bar graph that tracked my "steps" (a silly measurement when one is lifting weights/circuit training) all day long, so I got a teeny little ribbon for the 90 minutes that I was working out which gave me next to no information.
    Go into the activity and the graph is there.