Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• sophiemcdougall
    sophiemcdougall Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard I'm on version 1.7.62 of the TomTom Spark, it won't connect to my Samsung S7 edge or my tom tom bluetooth headphones.

I've tried doing the reset but it's been days and it's not worked. Can I have the firmware update to fix connectivity issues?
  • jmwingram
    jmwingram Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard - could you please mark my account for rollback to 1.7.64. I upgraded last night and can no longer pair to my iPhone.

Thank you!
  • Nguyen Quang
    Nguyen Quang Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    lampard wrote:
    @Sinnedje @Inverno @oliviera9 @Nguyen Quang @BombCyclone @AdamP187 @Militaru_Andrei @ilary.sedda @Stickwood1 @McJoe @LFWBCH @Weary @Mandy379 @tom.lungu @Peachycheek @Eric Huskes @jwkyle @sdegelaen @tc893205 @boscoreli77 @Sammiibris @Ski4ever I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

Cheers, lampard

Now, I can connect my runner 3 with Samsung S8.

@lampard: Thank you so much !!!
  • kjh71
    kjh71 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    i would like to know when i will be getting the new update as i have had nothing but constant issues since 1.7.62 has arrived.
    so much so that i think i may need to switch brands as this one obviously isn't the greatest at keeping its customers happy.
  • Sammiibris
    Sammiibris Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    lampard wrote:
    @Sinnedje @Inverno @oliviera9 @Nguyen Quang @BombCyclone @AdamP187 @Militaru_Andrei @ilary.sedda @Stickwood1 @McJoe @LFWBCH @Weary @Mandy379 @tom.lungu @Peachycheek @Eric Huskes @jwkyle @sdegelaen @tc893205 @boscoreli77 @Sammiibris @Ski4ever I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

Cheers, lampard
    Now, I can connect my runner 3 with Samsung S8.

@lampard: Thank you so much !!!

@lampard Thank you very much my watch and HTC Ultra syncing perfectly!! Great job!
  • szepesvari
    szepesvari Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, please, can I downgrade to working BT fw? 1.7.53? My Runner 2 (or Spark ?? HNxx serial) is not usable with my TT Headset. Fw 1.7.64. Thanks.
  • Marysia
    Marysia Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi. I'd also like the 1.7.64 update please. I have Samsung Galaxy 8 and I can't connect with my runner 3..
  • mbosch
    mbosch Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard. Please could you also help me with the 1.7.64 update as I haven't been able to pair my Runner 3 via Bluetooth since the 1.7.62 update a few months ago. Thank you
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    @N8b5150 @danniiwhincup @Jurassicc @richardhaupt @TUS001 @sophiemcdougall @jmwingram @kjh71 @Marysia @mbosch I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

@Thilivren @fionad @fyn1000 It is not possible for us to rollback to the version 1.7.60. The latest software 1.7.64 resolves an issue which in a few cases, could prevent the watch from pairing with a phone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). So I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS

@szepesvari @TUS001 Your watch already has the version 1.7.64 installed on it.

@Zeldaqueen Can you please PM me the email address to which you've linked your watch and I'll have a look at it?

Cheers,
    lampard
  • jcrespin72
    jcrespin72 Registered Users Posts: 28
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Hello
    Software1.74 is the latest version for Tomtom watches, but Is it the definitive one? Will there not be another?

Thanks
  • MelBelles
    MelBelles Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    mbosch wrote:
    Hi @lampard. Please could you also help me with the 1.7.64 update as I haven't been able to pair my Runner 3 via Bluetooth since the 1.7.62 update a few months ago. Thank you

Hi @Lampard I'm in the same position, I have been unable to sync to my iPhone for months now, since 1.7.53 - please help!
  • N8b5150
    N8b5150 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    @lampard Thanks, that did the trick!
  • Thilivren
    Thilivren Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    @lampard: You wrote:
    "It is not possible for us to rollback to the version 1.7.60. The latest software 1.7.64 resolves an issue which in a few cases, could prevent the watch from pairing with a phone (except Huawei P8/P8 lite). So I would advise you to follow the steps in the public FAQ here to troubleshoot the pairing issues by removing the existing Bluetooth connections from your smartphone: Android/iOS".

I have already tried to disconnect (forget) and reconnect the Bluetooth connection between my Spark 3 and Samsung S 7 smartphone many times, but the problem persists. I have also tried to remove the device from the sports app, and pair it again, from scratch.

I never had this problem before, on earlier firmware versions. The only way to sync my activities now, is through the sports connect app on my PC (USB connection).
  • Weary
    Weary Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Explorer
    @lampard Thank you for linking my account to the firmware version 1.7.64. I downloaded it but it has made no difference. My problem is with battery drain. I fully charged the watch after the update and it was showing as battery dead within 15 minutes. Is it possible to roll back to a previous version? The battery now doesn't last long enough to do any activities worth trying to synch with my phone but I didn't previously have any synch problems. Only battery drain after the update to version 1.7.62. My watch worked perfectly well with 1.7.60. Please can I have that back again? Pretty please :-)
    Thanks for your help.
  • Kriexi
    Kriexi Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi,

For the last 3 months after some software update on my watch, I haven't been able to sync my watch with my iPhone which means after everyday of exercising I have to connect it to my computer to sync.
    I cannot even just get it to see the phone. The pin appears for a split second then it's gone.
    I've done everything from factory reset, uninstall and reinstall app, removed watch manually in phone bluetooth setting, etc.
    Getting a bit tired of not being able to use all the functions of the watch and I bought a bluetooth headset specially for using it with the watch.

Need a solution ASAP please
  • smito001
    smito001 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @lampard. Please could you also give me access to the 1.7.64 update for my Spark 3. I've had a lot of issues connecting to my Android phone via Bluetooth. Keep having to repair which takes multiple attempts
  • Chucla
    Chucla Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker

smito001 wrote:
  • Chucla
    New Seeker
    Hace 7 minutos
    Hola, @lampard . También podría darme acceso a la actualización 1.7.64 de mi Spark 3. Tuve muchos problemas para conectarme a mi teléfono Android a través de Bluetooth. Sigue teniendo que reparar lo cual toma múltiples intentos
  • fionad
    fionad Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Traveler
    I continue to have the same issues as Thilivren with my runner 3. Have done all the things suggested repeatedly.
  • thamer99
    thamer99 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi All,
    I appear to have run into the same phone sync issues with my idevice. My software version on my watch is stuck at 1.7.62, how do I go about updating to 1.7.64?

Thanks
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    @thamer99 @Chucla @smito001 @Kriexi @MelBelles I've linked your account to the firmware version 1.7.64, please connect your watch to computer and Sports Connect will offer the software.

@Weary I've now put you on the version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset again and the update will be offered to you in Sports Connect software. Let me know!

@fionad @Thilivren I would advise you to get in touch with our customer support to report this. The 1.7.60 update has the Bluetooth stack without a fix and it was an update for fixing the data overload on our servers.

@jcrespin72 The version 1.7.64 fixes the Bluetooth pairing issues with the watch. There will be a another update but we are unsure about the time frame.

Cheers, lampard
  • Chucla
    New Seeker
    @lampard ¡ Muchas gracias, mi reloj y Huawei Mate 10 se sincronizan perfectamente! ¡Gran trabajo!
  • jmwingram
    jmwingram Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you very much for the quick response, @lampard. Really appreciate all your work helping us all out.
  • sutter
    sutter Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi,

I have an issue with my watch. The watch was running out of battery and completely switched off as I missed to take the charger with me. After that I had an issue connecting the watch with my mobile. Therefore I decided to make a factory reset on the watch and as it wasn't working I also deleted the mobile app and removed the watch form the bluetooth settings. During the software 1.7.62 was installed on the watch.

Now I have the issue that I can't pair the watch with my mobile. I can start the process, see the watch in the app and click on it. Afterwards there is shortly (about one second) a 6 digit number presented on the watch and the watch directly jumps out of the pairing mode.

Any idea what I can do to pair the devices? Maybe the software version 1.7.64 will fix this (at least what the release notes suggests), but currently it isn't offered for me in the sports connect app. Is there anything special I need to do in order to be able to install it?

Cheers,
    Michael
  • sutter
    sutter Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    I also have the pairing issue with my Adventurer :(

@lampard would it be possible to link my account with the firmware 1.7.64?

Cheers,
    Michael
This discussion has been closed.