Can't measure HR which was the purpose of getting the gadget — TomTom Community

Can't measure HR which was the purpose of getting the gadget

ajfdownunderajfdownunder Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Touch
Hi, I can see on the Mobile app under Device Settings, a setting for All day heart rate which was the sole purpose of buying the tool. I can't change it. Anyone know why not???

Also not that no where does it seem to monitor the HR and provide stats.

Can anyone help me out? Otherwise I've wasted my money.

Seems to not be any support as the help gives a 404 error.

Extremely frustrated.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,631
    Superusers
    You may want to call Customer Support to ask them about it, but I would try a factory reset first in case it is just an issue in your firmware install. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

To get the number for Customer Support, choose Contact Us at the bottom of this page, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ajfdownunderajfdownunder Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply. I did a forget this device and reset it up.
    Only trouble is it is not doing All Day HR monitoring. It has only done 1 reading per day and you seem to have to force it to read. Even when the sensor is straight against the skin unless you physically force it to take a reading nothing happens.

In check the graph of readings I only have two - one for straight after I did the reset and one at some other time.

Also found that exporting a CSV didn't actually export a csv.

Big fail for the purpose I want it for.
    Superusers
    Thank you for your reply. I did a forget this device and reset it up.
    Only trouble is it is not doing All Day HR monitoring. It has only done 1 reading per day and you seem to have to force it to read. Even when the sensor is straight against the skin unless you physically force it to take a reading nothing happens.

In check the graph of readings I only have two - one for straight after I did the reset and one at some other time.

Also found that exporting a CSV didn't actually export a csv.

Big fail for the purpose I want it for.
    You do not need to forget the device, you need to factory reset the device through your computer. To do a factory reset, make sure the Connect software is running and dock the device to your computer. The Connect window will open; press the gear at the top right and select factory reset from the next screen. Follow the steps provided and when prompted to register or sign in to MySports, select sign in and use your existing account credentials. It is fairly straightforward and should take less than 5 minutes.

The CSV is only going to be for sports activities, not for daily activity tracking (like 24/7 HR), that data is not exportable.

A little research would have told you that this is not a great device. Its failure was one of the reasons TT left the wearables market and stopped producing devices. If you are within your return period you may want to consider returning it for another brand as it is not going to get any better.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ajfdownunderajfdownunder Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the detail. However, the whole purpose of having the tool was to measure HR and be able to export for data collection for a research project. So unfortunately, the rest is pointless.

I had done some research. However, the simplicity and 24/7 measurement was a draw card for the intended audience for my research. Money wasted and I will have to look at other tools to measure HR. And yes I only bought on Saturday, so I will attempt to return, although it was on sale and clearly the retailer is aware Tomtom is exiting the wearables market.

Thank you anyway, I appreciate your efforts in trying to help me.

Regards
    Superusers
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the detail. However, the whole purpose of having the tool was to measure HR and be able to export for data collection for a research project. So unfortunately, the rest is pointless.

I had done some research. However, the simplicity and 24/7 measurement was a draw card for the intended audience for my research. Money wasted and I will have to look at other tools to measure HR. And yes I only bought on Saturday, so I will attempt to return, although it was on sale and clearly the retailer is aware Tomtom is exiting the wearables market.

Thank you anyway, I appreciate your efforts in trying to help me.

Regards
    Glad I could help (or not help in this case). When you get a chance please mark my response as a solution so others with the same question can look for it.

Be careful when looking at other brands because I do not think Garmin allows you to export 24/7 data either.