Tomtom Home error message when starting the application — TomTom Community

Tomtom Home error message when starting the application

cwjacksoncwjackson Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
When I open Tomtom Home, I get an error message and am directed to go to "preferences" and select a folder for backup. How do I get to "preferences"?

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,312
    Superusers
    At the top left of Home are links. One is 'Tools'. Click it. Then 'Home Preferences'. Then 'Folders'. You can change default locations there.
  • cwjacksoncwjackson Posts: 4 [Neophyte Traveler]
    How do I get to "Home"? There are no links on the screen either on the device or my computer when I open Tomtom Home or when I then connect my device.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,312
    Superusers
    You just said you 'open Tomtom Home'. So, isn't that what you need? Yes it is.

(if you need Tomtom Home, get it at tomtom.com/getstarted)
    Your original reply was "At the top left of Home are links. One is 'Tools'. Click it. Then 'Home Preferences'. Then 'Folders'. You can change default locations there." There are no links in the top left.
    Let me add some detail. When I open Home on my Mac computer and connect my device, I get the following error message: "The folder to download items does not exist. Please go to Tomtom HOME > Preferences, then click the Folder Preferences tab, and point the 'Downloads' tab to an existing folder." This led me to my original question: How do I get to Preferences? You responded with "At the top left of Home are links. One is 'Tools'. Click it. Then 'Home Preferences'. Then 'Folders'. You can change default locations there." However, there are no links at the top left of my Home screen.

Also, I sometimes (not always) get this initial error message: "Could not create or change folders. Reason: Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIPrefBranch.getComplexValue]"