But the solution does not fit for MyDriveConnect
Thanks
Ton

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,024
    Hi tontontonr

Welcome to the community :)

We have an open ticket for this error with MyDrive Connect and it's under investigation.

A workaround recommend below has solved this for many users, could you try this, please?

# Quit the MyDrive Connect application from the system tray.

# Go to C:\Users\xxx\Appata\LDocal\TomTom\HOME3\Updates\
    (you can also type from Start>%localappdata%>TT>HOME3...)

# Double click on -V2 MyDrive Connect

# MyDrive Connect will open and you should see the pop-up menu asking if "MDC is displaying correctly or not". Please click on yes or no depending if MyDrive Connect is displayed correctly or not.

Regards
    Vikram
  • tontontonr
    tontontonr Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks but it does not work
    The error message concerning OPENGL 2.0 blocks mij system
    So it is not possible for me to open V2 MyDriveConnect (no reaction!)
  • VikramK
    Hi tontontonr

You need to quit MyDrive Connect first completely.

Closing MyDrive Connect completely should also close the OpenGL error.

Then go to the location I mentioned in my previous post- Click on V2 MyDrive Connect

Regards
    Vikram
  • tontontonr
    Apprentice Seeker
    It is not possible to close My Drive, the error message can not be taken away.
    Then I tried to desinstall version 4.2.03, and to reinstall the ancient 4.1.6.32 53
    and My drive works but asks to install the new version and then the problems appear again
    thanks
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,965
     Superuser
    Hi
    @tontontonr
    Right Click on the MyDrive Connect Icon on your PC Task Bar
    Click 'Quit'

Image 1.5x Normal size...
    37c8ce09-7f97-4ce7-95cf-ae92d515f3ee.pngATB YFM
  • VikramK
    This was exactly the image I was looking for... Thank you @YamFazMan :)
  • tontontonr
    Apprentice Seeker
    thanks
    but on my pc, windows 7 it does not work like this
    it is possible to close the error window (quit or "fermer") (the disturbing Window with OPENGL) but the program My tom tom does not open

The right click on the Icon gives the ordinary right click window with Open; Resolve; copy, etc, but not the window you show 'Login to MyDrive Connect etc
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,965
     Superuser
    tontontonr wrote:
    the program My tom tom does not open
    Hi
    @tontontonr
    MyTomtom ???
    Do you mean MyDrive connect
    Also which Tomtom device are you trying to update ???

ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    @tontontonr

also if you could attach a screenshot of the icon where you click to see the options -'Open; Resolve; copy, etc' , that would help?

Thanks
    Vikram
  • tontontonr
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks
    Sorry if I was not clear.
    1. I click on TomTomMy Drive Connect
    2. Appears TomTomMy Drive Connect version 4.02.3437
    3. A window appears at the bottom with "Failed to create OpenGl context......"
    4. I close this window
    5. I make a click right on TomTomMy Drive Connect
    6. Then appears a general window (Windows 7) with among others copy, and "propriétés" Image A/
    7. and then clicking on properties it opens another window Image B

Second part
    I do not know how I arrived, but I found the Window you indicate, and I chose
    login to MyDrive connect, nothing happens
    There is also Settings
    And If I chose (X Quit)
    This window, will close, but the TomTom My Drive Connect 4.02.3437 windows stays on my paper board
    Nothing happens

Full text and images are in this link on box com

https://app.box.com/file/281679900734

Thanks a lot
  • dptec
    dptec Registered Users Posts: 3
    Neophyte Traveler
    Same problem but the solution proposed here dont work
  • LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi @dptec

You have the message "Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0..."?
    A pop-up window as in this topic?
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-connect-error-failed-to-create-opengl-1033344

If it's this message and not another one in general it's related to an outdated graphics card driver (or integrated graphics chipset). Updating the graphics driver is often the solution. But it's your PC, only you can make the decision and the responsibility to do it or not.

If the @VikramK solution doesn't work, if the updated graphical driver solution doesn't work or isn't wanted, you can try to install the rescue/downgrade version MDC.

The version 4.1.8.3408 downgrade is built like the old version before january 2018 with Visual C++ 2010.

Here from the official TomTom servers :
    http://cdn.sa.services.tomtom.com/static/sa/versions/InstallMyDriveConnect_downgrade.exe

I hope this will help you.

Regards.
  • dptec
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi @LAURE123 , thank you for your answer,
    why the upgrade procedure procedure don't check if there is the correct requirement for a correct installation?
    I use a windows 7 virtual machine for upgrade this usb device and until now never i had any problem, so curious that for upgrade an usb devices need a last grafical driver.

Any way thank you for your answer i will try to upgrade a virtual graphic card only, later i will write the result.

Regards.
  • LAURE123
    LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Well, the software checks the system during the installation phase of its executable files. But most of the time the independent essential components (OpenGL, DirectX, Visual C++...) are solicited and consequently checked only during the launch/use phase.

The graphics drivers contain OpenGL and its updates.
    It's not the device that needs it, but the graphic interface of the MDC software. I saw that the new version MDC 4.2.0.3437 is now using Visual C++ 2015 but I don't know what has been changed for OpenGL.
  • dptec
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi @LAURE123,

I have upgrade all my virtual machine windows 7 with the latest Oracle Guest addiction but still i have the same problem, I think that the virtual graphic card don't support OpenGL 2.0, the only solution seems to be downgrade to a previous version as you have suggested before. Is a workaround but not a solution, we wait an upgrade that solve this problem because still i don't understand why use a latest OpenGL only for "cosmetic" graphic interface when is needed only a device upgrade. Basic user interface for this utility is more than sufficent.

Regards.
  • tontontonr
    Apprentice Seeker
    I think that I have to wait for a new update of TOMTOM Connect, because this solutions do not seem to work,
    thanks
  • az99
    az99 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    How can this be so hard to fix? Why is there an update to My Drive every time I try to load a new map? It worked before why not leave it alone?